Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 15-Apr-2004, 17:55
Mille

Mood: .
Noise annoys

After reading the Noise annoys article in the april edition of BIKE it kinda made me think.

Do you have non road legal cans on your duc?
Old 15-Apr-2004, 18:04
Mille

Mood: .
Ok that didn't work out the way i had hoped, but the question is the same. Do you have non road legal cans on your duc?

Heres a wee quote from the article if you missed it -

"A man with his dog strolls up to your front door, smiles as his pooch craps on the pavement, then walks on nonchalantly. A slammed hot hatch, all fat wheels, booming bass and zitty occupants, slows momentarilly to chuck the remains of a McDonalds into your front garden. That's the problem with society. It's full of ********s. But are many of us that different?"

Anyway it goes on a bit about noise and race cans and some folk in the country have a wee whinge about the noise and the disturbing of the peace at weekends etc. Just made me think about it that's all. I have been a fully paid up member of the zitty slammed hot hatch brigade and have also had race cans on my previous bikes so i'm not on some mission to see them outlawed. Just curious what the thoughts on the board were. The article was very well written and made enough sense to make a knuckle dragger like myself sit and think about it.

Do you think the UK will go the same way as Germany and France? According to the article they went for an overnight clamp down on the illegal can market and it has dried up there.

Discuss.
Old 15-Apr-2004, 18:12
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Have you noticed the number of UK can / exhaust suppliers & manufacturers who have recently started to advertise their "race" cans with BS friendly baffles which can be easily removed & replaced?
Makes you wonder what they have all got wind of doesn't it?
As an aside, having just come back from France, I don't think that their clampdown can have had much effect...I can't remember seeing / hearing more than half a dozen bikes with legal cans on!!!
Old 15-Apr-2004, 18:44
500SD

ban cans !! what the hell are we gonna put beans in ?.... paper bags ?
oops, sorry, i thought you were talking about...well...y`know....cans
Old 15-Apr-2004, 19:45
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
I think if you have a bike they'll whinge about you anyway whether you have a race can/s or not.

All I can say (being a person who lives in a quiet country village) to those folks is:

GET A LIFE Whingers

Either that or get rid of your leaf blowers, lawnmowers, strimmers (especially petrol ones) chain-saws, hammer drills, hedge trimmers etc cos they all make more noise for longer periods of time in the community than a bike cruising thru on a Saturday afternoon.

How many times have you all been asked to turn off your noisy lawn-mower!!!!!

Having said that if the bike riders rev their engines as they go thru villages or roar thru in 1st gear at 30mph/6k-8k revs then they can only expect repercussions...

To me, there's more important things in life, but to some...............

Happy (non-eventful) riding peeps

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by Guido]
Old 15-Apr-2004, 21:15
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Well I have the usual Termis fitted to the duke which I think are nice!
Put it into perspective, the low reving twin sound produced by a Duke is not as offensive as a wailing jap multi that seems to screem forever, would you call a Vincent or a Gold Star loud or offensive, no, neiother wood eye!

Mind you the Jota sounds"interesting" on full chat!
Old 15-Apr-2004, 21:55
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
I have the standard cans fitted to my Duc still, one day I'll get the cash together for a set of Termis....

On my Jap IL4 I have a race can though, and it sounds great (to me). That said, I do try to be careful through villages etc, try not to make any more noise than is really needed..

I was in town a couple of weeks ago and a parade of Harleys came into town... and they made one hell of a noise just on standard cans... how do they get away with it?? No-one seemed to bothered about that... in fact, I overheard a couple of older men commenting on how good they sounded.
Old 15-Apr-2004, 21:59
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Non 'std' cans for both of us, wouldnt be without them, but both keep the sound down in built up areas & villages.
Old 15-Apr-2004, 22:01
Jewell

just reminded me when i started my bike up in mogwais garage.we had to raise our voices abit when talking.Then mogwais started his 916 up with lazer cans and **** ME THAT WAS LOUD.

cant hear nout for 10 mins.lol

ps.standard cans suck.
Old 15-Apr-2004, 22:04
500SD

Mood: Very happy with the Multi
Think we should all be more considerate............................., and ride as fast as possible, so as not to disturb them for too long

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit