Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Aug-2004, 00:47
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Ducati vs Aprilia

Mate who is a toad rester has been using the BDG B&B facilities whilst testing Aprilia Tuono and RSVR Factory.

After a few too many Stella's been comparing bikes in the garage.

Tuono vs Multistrada. I remember KeefyB saying Multi would look horrible with all the plumbing of a 4 valve motor, but it's not hte prettiest bike to begin with. I do love the Multi but sure it would be even better with a full monty motor. The Tuono just lacks a proper fairing rather than the little front screen and the price is right. I know Aprilia have finnancial probs and it could be argued that they've sold too cheap, but compare the cosat of a Multi to a st4S, against the cost of the sportier 4 valvers.

The RSVR Factory has all the top bits, Ohlins, Oz wheels etc an is blooody cheap in comparison to Ducati's similar offerings.

Side by side in the garage the 996 has that (sexiest) sensous curves when viewed from behind of full breats, narrow waist, and curvacious hips. (Sorry girls but its the best way i can describe it) Probably why the style has never aged. Aprilia have tried to do the same with the new bike with the slim waisted shape, but instead of the classic smooth Tamburini lines have got an angular tailpiece (like cellulite at top of thighs) on the back of the Aprilia.

The rear indicators are better on the Aprilia, being faired in but viewed from the front it's just not right with carbon deflectors at side of fairing/headlights and the beaky proboscis in the middle of the Honda SP1 type air intake.

Conclusion. Ducati 996 1. RSVR Factory 0.
Multistrada 1. Tuouno 1.

Tamburini is/was a true genius.
BDG has drunk far too much.

Wonder what the response would be if this was the Aprilia site rather than the DSC site?
Old 23-Aug-2004, 10:14
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I like the RSVR - the angles make it look truely "spaceship" and futuristic, but it's certainly no design masterpiece such as Tamburini's 916 creation.

Have never ridden one though, so it may well be a bag o' nails.
Old 23-Aug-2004, 14:24
GTL

Mood: Busy, Busy...Busy!
I have had the good fortune of riding an Aprilia RSV Mille R around Snetterton once.
Apart from feeling like your in the starship enterprise, it is surprisingly settled and well placed.
Speed is also deceptive...quite enjoyed it actually,but with the Duke you get all that and it looks absolutley gorgeous.
Slimline...huge lean angles and can outhandle a 600.
You need to get a good woman if it gets THAT SEXUAL though!!

[Edited on 23-8-2004 by revdecal]