Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 23-Sep-2005, 08:38
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

thanks bike mad i was beginning to think i was being ungrateful for owning a Ducati. I love the bike and the marque and accept that it will cost more to keep, however, sub standard workmanship or parts is unacceptable even on a Ducati
Old 23-Sep-2005, 09:50
Mille
Bikes: ST4S

Mood: Finally gotten over the 748R getting stolen thing. Actually, no i haven't !
I agree with you YMFB.
I have been a fan for 25 years and owned enough of them. I will never own anything else. BUT, that does not mean i have to be blind to their shortcomings or the lack of response to some of the long term ones.
I was told my complete clutch needed replacing after 5000 miles from new. That should be a warranty worthy issue. Now i spent £350 of my hard earned cash to replace it myself. It does annoy me but as i said before it will not stop me owning and enjoying them. Lets not hear any old cobblers about it being a racing clutch and what do you expect either.
Old 23-Sep-2005, 15:52
Mille

Mood: Relaxed
Faulty Clutch Plates

Clutch plates that have to be replaced on a low mileage bike still under warranty must be replaced free of charge under the warranty.
I suggest you have your bike serviced elsewhere. Your dealer appears to be useless and you shouldn't have to be chasing after Ducati UK to stump up for the cost of the work.
Some members seem to be rather reticent when it comes to getting mechanical problems sorted out on bikes which are still subject to the manufacturer's warranty