Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Jun-2006, 20:30
Mille

Metzeler Rennsports?

my 748 has Metzeler Rennsports tyres on it, and the rear is coming to the end of its life. I now have to decide on whether to buy a new Metzeler, or replace them both with another type. What do people think of Rennsports, and what else would suit my 748?

I have Pirelli Diablos on my 600ss, which were recomended by this Board, and I am very happy with them on that bike, so obviously i am considering those as an option for the 748. What do you think?

Douglas
Old 07-Jun-2006, 20:37
Big Twin

I have Diablos on both the Multistrada and 996R and love em. Only tyre I have used for a few years now. Never had a problem with em. Saying that I am considering a change of tyre for the 996R as I have a few track days this year and will probably splash out for something a bit stickier. Probably Diablo corsas or supercorsas. I do like pirellis!
Old 07-Jun-2006, 21:17
DSC Club Member
Ducati Corse

Mood: I feel the need, the need for speed.
On my 3rd set, I love them.

748R - Less is more !
Old 08-Jun-2006, 10:33
500SD

Mood: Double 9, Single 6.
Got em on the sps, they seem to ride very well.

DC.
Old 08-Jun-2006, 11:24
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
I've run most makes/types of rubber over the last few years.

Rennsports are old carcass's of the new Racetecs. Basically the Racetec and the Supercorsa pro are the choice of club racers throughout the country. Soft sticky and grippy.
Rennsports were the same as Supercorsas with different tread patterns and were the choice 2-3 seasons ago.

They don't make Renns any more and have not for 18 months, so be aware if you get them they are old stock.

As for the Diablos, well to be honest you can't go far wrong really with them... they are great all round rubber.
Old 08-Jun-2006, 16:47
Bevel Head

Mood: Horney
Iv got a set of Michelllin Pilot Powers on my 748R, had them for a month or sow now and seem to be very good, no unexpected slides or other problems and has given me more confidence in the bike. They heat up realy fast and also hold the heat in the tyre for long time too

hope this helps a little
thanks
Jamie