Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 31-Jul-2005, 20:28
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Well why you're all getting morally outraged please don't give any thought to the people who use this website from work and have products such as websense that report this sort of content. Especially when it's in someone's avatar that is any thread.

Do you consider your freedom to post whatever you like to be more important than allowing people to browse the DSC during working hours without the threat of dismissal?

What sort of company do you work for that allows you access to a public forum like the DSC during working hours? Surely you should be "working"?
In answer to the last question, YES, I DO consider my right to post items that an employer may take exception to (but within my own bounds of decency I must add) on this website to be more important than anothers so called "right" to view it when they are supposed to be doing what their employer pays them for!
For the record I agree with Lizzie and Ruthie but dont you think the whole thing has been blown up out of all proportion when it could have been dealt with a bit more sensitively for all concerned?

I'm with PhilH on this one, lets have a "jokes/nonsense" style section of the forum wher any drivel will do
Old 31-Jul-2005, 20:31
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Quote:
Originally posted by marko
Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth
but I do find it tiresome to keep seeing the salacious stuff when I'm looking at the board,

Hope your feeling better Ruth, Tell me what does Salacious mean and would I enjoy it

Hi Marko, I'm feeling reasonably ok with the help of a drug the purpose of which I would rather not describe on this public forum. Suffice to say, at 6.30 am there was absolutely no chance of my leaving the house for more than a 10 minute spell.

Oh, and today I caved in a bought a TV. Being off sick brought it home to me what a comfort TV can be at times. Havn't got it working yet and will need to get SKY as the reception here is crap but, hey, minor details. So I can let you have the TV thingy back as actually my computer turned out to be one of the few types of computer that it couldn't fit.

I shall check out the BHC rideout reports to see what I missed
Old 31-Jul-2005, 20:40
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by aka.eric
How/where can I get a job that allows me to view motorcycle web sites and be paid at the same time?

Totally agree mate! Bloody Office wallers......
Old 31-Jul-2005, 21:02
500SD

Ladies please be careful,not sure that computers and the like should be in the kitchen
Old 01-Aug-2005, 00:19
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
Quote:
Originally posted by psychlistI'm with PhilH on this one, lets have a "jokes/nonsense" style section of the forum wher any drivel will do

The simple solution.....

/ian

P.S This is a good Laugh HAHAHAHAH

[Edited on 31-7-2005 by weeian]
Old 01-Aug-2005, 09:40
Ducati Corse

I notice that the other thread relating to this has been locked.

I have no opinions one way or the other about the pictures issue but it really annoys me when the web team lock and delete threads. Its as though they are saying if you dont like it then go somewhere else and talk about it. The other thread was pure discussion, nothing nasty so i am at a loss to understand why it was locked. Surely club members are allowed to express an opinion? (and there was notisng bad about the factory in this one!!)

Can you not see that its actions like this the infuriate users?
Old 01-Aug-2005, 10:12

Paul - understand your comments. The reason I locked the thread was because it was not going anywhere and was generating ill feeling behind the scenes. Anyone can kick the debate off again if they wish on a new thread although I see little point because this is a road we have been down many times before. There will always those who believe they have a right to do what they wish on this messageboard and those of us who have a duty to protect the feelings of other board users. Where the two conflict then a decision has to be made. Whether we individually agree with that decision is not the issue, clear leadership was sought from the MT and it was given.

Hopefully we can move on and get out riding our bikes.
Old 01-Aug-2005, 10:47
Ducati Corse

Fair enough. Pity I'm at work or i would go out and ride!
Old 01-Aug-2005, 10:50
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally posted by rockhopper
I notice that the other thread relating to this has been locked.

I have no opinions one way or the other about the pictures issue but it really annoys me when the web team lock and delete threads. Its as though they are saying if you dont like it then go somewhere else and talk about it. The other thread was pure discussion, nothing nasty so i am at a loss to understand why it was locked. Surely club members are allowed to express an opinion? (and there was notisng bad about the factory in this one!!)

Can you not see that its actions like this the infuriate users?

I completely agree, nothing on this board makes me 1% as angry as when threads get deleted. Censorship in any form has always caused problems, and as I'm sure we've all come into contact with more offsive content/people in our daily lives I feel it's unlikely that anyone is going to leap out of a window based on anything they've read/seen on here.

I'd like to propose two ideas:

1) That posts do not get deleted unless the content is blatantly contrary to the rules of the board and/or legally sensitive

2) That moderators/webteam/etc always sign their names. It's one thing to be patronised like a 5yr old, but quite another to have it done by someone hiding behind an alias.

I'm sure these will be studiously ignored and my account will be marked with a black tick and a "possible future weeksy - deviant" flag....

Ali
Old 01-Aug-2005, 11:00
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Ali, we do try not to remove threads unless we have to. Bearing in mind that there is the webteam and there are also moderators that aren't part of the webteam. Something I've identified as an issue is that we don't all belong to the same mailing list and sometimes we have communications breakdowns which leads to an inconsistent implementation. That's our fault but we are fixing it.

2) That is a webteam policy so that you know who has performed the work. There are however, instances where a blanket statement needs to made from the webteam and it is more appropriate that these types of post are done without that so they are not personalised.

And Ali, we have already identified you as a future deviant and if you take a look around you now you will see (or may not if we've hired the right people) the webcams we've put in place to monitor you in every location. Please be aware that we can have you neutralised at any moment.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit