Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Aug-2003, 14:45
BSB Star

Water Temp

I'm midly concerned, but as of yet the temp gauge has not passed 100 degree mark. Often when waiting at lights/junctions or going about 30 mph the 748 starts running real hot. When does the fan kick in? Can happen real quick as well. Not sure if i should be concerned, but want to make sure.
Old 14-Aug-2003, 16:18

My 916 runs at 210+ degrees F in heavy traffic. Normal running temp is about 180 F, depending on your thermostat temp. My fan kicks in at 210 F. You won't have any problem with coolant temps up to 250 F. Beyond that the oil may start breaking down. I don't have a C to F conversion chart handy at the moment, sorry!
Old 14-Aug-2003, 16:29

Mood: Mellow but missing Turkiye
My fan kicks in at 100 degrees C. Once on the move the temp will drop again to 80 degrees C but in traffic and at toll booths it takes nanoseconds for it to hit 110 degrees
Old 15-Aug-2003, 12:18
BSB Star

On way home from work, took a slow route out of town close 2 where i live to see what happens. If leave bike running at slow speeds and let the temp raise, needle never goes past 100. Can't hear the fan going, then again not like the ZZR, which is quiet, and double fans!