Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 13-Sep-2006, 13:14
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Good report Mav... Like I said up there ^^^^ if it weren't for my Duke passion a Gixxer 750 would be at the top of my shopping list.

But. I also agree with Glyn. When it gets right down to it there are very, very few motorcycles (for those of us lucky enough to have an unrestricted license) that are really, truly boring. Even lowly commuter bikes can be far more involving than a car and loads more fun - one of the best laughs I had all day at Cadwell was on WeeJonnyB's CB500.

So what it comes down to is personal preference. In your report you say "everything I asked it to do was done with ease", that's fine, I can understand that. On the other hand I love my 888 with a passion because you need to take it by the scruff of it's neck and make it do what you want. If they were women the Gixxer would be the submissive little Japanese girl who would do anything you wanted without question, my 888 would be the sultry, smouldering Italian beauty who would fight back a bit. Which one is better? Not really better, just very different.

Each to their own

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 13-Sep-2006, 14:06
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
Good report Mav... Like I said up there ^^^^ if it weren't for my Duke passion a Gixxer 750 would be at the top of my shopping list.

But. I also agree with Glyn. When it gets right down to it there are very, very few motorcycles (for those of us lucky enough to have an unrestricted license) that are really, truly boring. Even lowly commuter bikes can be far more involving than a car and loads more fun - one of the best laughs I had all day at Cadwell was on WeeJonnyB's CB500.

So what it comes down to is personal preference. In your report you say "everything I asked it to do was done with ease", that's fine, I can understand that. On the other hand I love my 888 with a passion because you need to take it by the scruff of it's neck and make it do what you want. If they were women the Gixxer would be the submissive little Japanese girl who would do anything you wanted without question, my 888 would be the sultry, smouldering Italian beauty who would fight back a bit. Which one is better? Not really better, just very different.

Each to their own

Hmmmm a good analogy............................

You see that is the very essence of the R1 and most top spec litre bikes....they can be all things to all men....your submissive japanese girl who will do everything and anything with ease and no fuss, just roll about in the rev range of sub 7k.....but flipside take her over 8k and she becomes a firey, boiling, dark beauty that needs to be harnessed if you can or dare.........

Each to there own deffo agree with that ....but hey the joy of having one that fits all.........

I still love my pedantic little firey italian bishes as well ya know........
Old 13-Sep-2006, 15:42
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Talking

spose it's a bit like a wife and a knock off!

they both do the same job but one is more likely to buck you off ! lol

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit