Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 09-Mar-2004, 19:05
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Oh! Mav! Dont go!

Everybody has a personality on this board...and can choose to live up to it when you meet in person. AND that is the point...
Did you not say that I wasn't "what you expected"?...You were not either!
You were very polite, kind, generous and not at all what I had expected.
(Mind you you still came across as a replacement widow canvasser!:P)
Like I keep saying...You can take all this with a pinch of salt. They are words. Would these words be said in public and to our faces...I think not!
I am definately NOT the typical Duke owner...The daughter of a one parent family...Asian father...two children...husband...living in the poorest area of Nottingham City, teacher with a big mortgage and providing singlehandedly (until very recently) for my whole family.
AND NO GARAGE!
We keep getting the same people on this board. They are the paid up members who are serious about bikes and friendship.
It would be a shame if the DSC ended up losing out because of a few WORDS!
All I can say is that this club has changed my whole outlook on life. I have made great friends.
Lisax
Old 09-Mar-2004, 19:19
500SD

Mood: Pretty good considering....
Quote:

The mind boggles....
Old 09-Mar-2004, 20:13
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
I would be honest to say I did'nt see or read the thread that has been of concern to the members so I cannot comment on that. Unfortunatly it seems every once in a while we have a run of either ill worded slanderous,callous,stupid,remarks that say little of the clubs main function in life. To meet up and share a common bond with each other, through the joys of motor cycleing.The message board is a great media for arranging ,organising,passing on idea's,banter to some degree, issues of a club nature,racing news,bike news,product news, but not for some of the clutter that we have been seeing.
One little verse from Bambi says it all "If you hav'nt got some think nice to say ,then don't say nothing at all" So simple, be good to each other its what makes the world go round.
If you do have some think a little stronger to say then think about it before you start typing it out,is it the kind of thing that you could say if you were sitting opposite that person in the cafe on a ride out because if it is,nt then it should not be heared here . Iv'e said this many times this is a good club (the Best)and its no good seeing good people thinking about moving on. ABUSE IT and you will LOOSE IT
That is not an Option Gentlemen Regards 4D
Old 09-Mar-2004, 21:18
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
I 2nd that...... Wise words Fordie
Old 09-Mar-2004, 21:43
Dibble

Of course they are wise words from Fordie, he is after all 102 years old ....

and I agree with him ...
Old 09-Mar-2004, 21:56
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Old 09-Mar-2004, 23:14
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Dibble you tosser Im coming round to give you a good slapping 102 indeed
Oh sorry lads Im Calm Ill just have a lie down
Old 09-Mar-2004, 23:54
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by lizzie
Quote:

The mind boggles....

Hey Lizzie, don't u get double glazed WIDOWS down your way, all good funeral directors should do 'em

On a more sensible note, wise words from KB and that tearaway teenager 4D (don't want him giving me a slap, just money ha ha.)
Old 09-Mar-2004, 23:59
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Can I make a request...?
Can we have a members only area?
The web is an international thing...
The board can be accessed by people all over the world. We have no control over what is said. I have seen Club members get very irrate and "attack" new board members personally which provokes a counter attack from the new board member.
Members of the club take offence to comments made by outsiders and treat this board as something to protect.
It isn't...It is freely accessible to be used by anyone.
If we want to "protect" the outside world from us...we should be able to have access to each other via a members only area.
I just read back my own post! That is really sad, to re-read a post on a freely available board to check for fear of offending someone because I know some people!
I thought the good thing about the internet was that it is anonomous...You can be who you want to be.
Surely that is the problem here.
We have too many issues going on, in conflict with one another.
There is nothing wrong with posting what you want as long as paid up members can retreat to somewhere that is private to discuss what is being said on the board. It just creates an area where members can be themselves.
Lisax
Lisax

Oops ...not affiliated with the rapper and Cult Jam!:P

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by kwikbitch]
Old 10-Mar-2004, 00:13
500SD

Mood: Corners like a Lego man
Lisa, the possibility of a members only forum area was discussed at the 2003 AGM and the vast majority of attendees rejected the idea. The overall opinion was that a separate area would only create a them/us artificial separation and board members would loose out on the often valuable interaction between all contributors whether they be paid up or not.

As a consequence of keeping the forum area open to public posting, it's encumbant on the Webteam ('cos we said we'd do it!) to monitor and if necessary edit entries that we felt were not appropriate.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit