Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Feb-2009, 09:29
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Dd 2009

This has also been sent to the Desmodue email address and I am very pleased to see that we now get an acknowledgment of such emails.

Do we have confirmation of the following:

Final races dates including details of whether these are Saturday or Sunday races

Final issue of 2009 rules

Riders reps

Sponsors (and appropriate sticker requirements and issuing)

My expectation is these things should be sorted by the end of this week as that leaves us with only 4 weeks until first race.

I may have missed emails, but do not recall seeing anything regarding nomination or voting of riders reps? I believe Trudi has offered for Class B and this gets my vote however we need to know if this is now agreed and formalised and what about Class A?

As the RC are supposed to be in a position where they ratify new entrants it is difficult to see how this is happening without the full compliment.

Last edited by Lily : 25-Feb-2009 at 09:53.
Old 25-Feb-2009, 09:56
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
some good question there Lily
I know there was a problem with the stickers as in they were not ready when Gordon went to collect them, but he hopes to have them by the weekend and I think he intending to supply Dallas, Senna3, Mutley748 etc with theirs at the Silverstone Trackday as its just up the road from him.

The final draft of the rules and appendix I should think will be ready to go out in the next few days judging by the respone to my emails to desmodue@ducatisportingclub.com and as you say the email received acknowledgement is animprovement on the system.

New Era now list there race dates as confirmed, I have asked for confirmation that DD will be at Castle Combe as I see we are not on the list of Classes for that event shown on the New Era website.

Offers for Riders reps as I understand it was very thin on the ground, only one voluntary nomination for Class B and a bit of arm twisting for the single Class A nomination.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 25-Feb-2009, 10:09
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
some good question there Lily
I know there was a problem with the stickers as in they were not ready when Gordon went to collect them, but he hopes to have them by the weekend and I think he intending to supply Dallas, Senna3, Mutley748 etc with theirs at the Silverstone Trackday as its just up the road from him.

The final draft of the rules and appendix I should think will be ready to go out in the next few days judging by the respone to my emails to desmodue@ducatisportingclub.com and as you say the email received acknowledgement is animprovement on the system.

New Era now list there race dates as confirmed, I have asked for confirmation that DD will be at Castle Combe as I see we are not on the list of Classes for that event shown on the New Era website.

Offers for Riders reps as I understand it was very thin on the ground, only one voluntary nomination for Class B and a bit of arm twisting for the single Class A nomination.

Kev

All great and I appreciate your reply. I think the effort you are putting into DD this year is fantastic (I know you have done it in previous years but this year you are more 'vocal' and 'visible' )

However I still feel the biggest area we can address in DD is the communication to the riders and interested parties.

The points I have raised and you have tried to answer are things that we should be proactively notified of rather than having to chase. We have a lot of new riders this year and it would be good for them to have this information provided as they may not always have the contact us old timers do to get the answers they need.

Hopefully my request by email to send this information out to all will be completed and we can all start the season knowing what is coming.

I will repeat/clarify my questions:

When will the final rules be issued?

When will the final DD (not New Era) race dates be confirmed including details of Sat/Sun races?

When will we receive notification of riders reps nominations and how (if required) will we vote on this?

Who are the sponsors for 2009 and what are they providing?

When/how will we get sponsors stickers?
Old 25-Feb-2009, 10:57
Mille
Bikes: Multistraddle S, Cucciolo

Mood: Blown away!
I know I'm new in the class, but fyi I've received nothing asking for nominations for a riders rep. Not exactly surprising that names are thin on the ground if there's no process for nomination/seconding/voting....
Old 25-Feb-2009, 11:17
Big Twin
Bikes: KTM Arsey Ocho

Mood: retiring
it went up on the board here: http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ght=riders+rep

that is where I saw it...
Old 25-Feb-2009, 11:19
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak47
it went up on the board here: http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ght=riders+rep

that is where I saw it...

Ali

Given the comments we are presented with whenever we post on the board that it must also go to the email address I would expect the sam to happen in reverse?

I also think we need ot be kept up to date of progress as that was over a month ago.

We are going to start getting questions (as in the other post) about races and stuff and we don't know who to ask for help.
Old 25-Feb-2009, 11:20
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by injected
I know I'm new in the class, but fyi I've received nothing asking for nominations for a riders rep. Not exactly surprising that names are thin on the ground if there's no process for nomination/seconding/voting....

Well tyere was this post
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=78254

As well as the one by Trudi saying she was submitting her name

and there is also the bit in the rules about voting for riders reps in January, but no point in having a vote if there is only one candidate

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 25-Feb-2009, 11:22
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Well tyere was this post
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=78254

As well as the one by Trudi saying she was submitting her name

and there is also the bit in the rules about voting for riders reps in January, but no point in having a vote if there is only one candidate

Skids - agreed, but if we don't know who or even if there are candidates then we cant know there is no need to vote.

Just need the communication to be a bit more forthcoming.
Old 25-Feb-2009, 11:30
Mille
Bikes: Multistraddle S, Cucciolo

Mood: Blown away!
Quote:

I also received a PM from Chris saying we don't use this website for communication as it's too unreliable and saying that everything should be via email.
Old 25-Feb-2009, 11:34
Big Twin

For info but the usual manner should be via the dd e mail address;

Nominations were also asked for in a mail to riders as well as the board if I recall as well as requests for decals of which 10 people replied and orders placed based on the responce.

As there was little interest or nominations, the nominated people will be confirmed later this week

Sponsorship is open at the moment but will be confirmed if and when