Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 21-Feb-2011, 20:24
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Bit steep for parade laps and guests as for track time it does depend on what you end up getting

In July 2000 Honda UK treated me and about 1000 others to several laps Free of Charge around the Silverstone circuit for National Fireblade day.

There were many top BSB and TT riders around on the day and also Tadao Baba was guest of honour, bit like having Tamburini along for the day for many of us.

Hence me thinking Guest and parade lap prices a bit steep

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 21-Feb-2011, 20:43
Mille
Bikes: 750ss, 998s

Someone at HQ must surely be reading this. And beginning to realise that they have got it pretty badly wrong.
Old 21-Feb-2011, 20:45
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Hopefully there are some big announcements to be made by ducati uk. There are no rounds of motogp or wsbk on the 21-22 may. As it stands, I like the idea off a css track school, but the format would have to the normal instructor pupil ratio. And my interest is only because I intend on doing level 3 and maybe 4 of css this summer.

Confirmation on the group sizes for the sunday would be good, and who is running the trackday sessions. I do have prefference to TD organisers, and certain organisers would make me not book.

Would i pay fifty quid to watch a trackday, no chance. Would I pay fifty quid for 2 nights of camping, live bands, food n drink with mates n other ducati nuts, chatting to dolly brollies, fun games n competions, freebies from perts people, a massive bonfire to sing gingangooley around, and hot dry weather - yes. jeeze, I am dreaming again.
Old 21-Feb-2011, 21:16
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
normally Martin yep would agree, but like all these things, how long do you have to spend on there to say thats why you went; ie supporting the club rather than free entry then disappearing off? Spend an hour on the stand - would that qualify for a freebie? What is 'reasonable'?

It's tough to know why its riled me so much; that we have lost our trackday and this was hailed as a bit of a replacement (whether directly said or not)? That most longstanding Ducati riders I know wont be able to afford or justify that kind of cost? That I'd be charged for just a couple of hours of chat and banter as I drop in (as I do at other TDs) to see mates taking part? Or that what was being hailed as a Ducati get together is actually a revenue generating event rather than break even at best and widen the appeal and thank all those Ducatisti that still spend cash in the strapped economic times...

Conscious I'll be coming accross as negative at best, bitter and twisted at worst, on this thread and also my FB discussion, and genuinely hope its a success so those who do feel its worth paying enjoy the event.

time for me to step off the box I think, I'm sure you'll all enjoy it

Paul - I hear you and share your sentiments regarding people manning a stand.

I'm sure in the goodness of time we'll find out how many tickets DUK will allow us - assuming they do - to man the stand, and then it will be a case of people volunteering, and committing to do their fair share.

Regards to pricing - I guess that £500 for 2 full days on track including track, including meals etc. is, whilst on the high side, is possibly not sooo outrageous.

What does strike me as expensive is £100 for 3 parade laps and £50 to go in and spectate. Now I know that includes lunch etc. but surely there should/could be an option to go in for less/free without the food ticket??
Old 21-Feb-2011, 21:32
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattyboy
Beerrllimeyyyy !!!

Thats very steep - good luck to them moving the tickets.

I accept the value argument from the CSS perspective but Im struggling to get my head round the value in £50 for getting in and £100 for three demo laps.

Thought for the day...me, MJS, etc did the ducati racing school at Imola on their bikes, their fuel, 1 instructor per 3 people, and it was less than £500 including flights !

It was less than £50 for a Moto GP 3 day ticket last year Me thinks DUK are looking to pay this years rent on the new HQ with this event
Old 21-Feb-2011, 21:45
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
You could be right Gordon
when the sum of £500 gets discussed I consider what other options I could have for that sort of money
Such as 3 Trackdays on the Arena GP circuit between Easter and the Ducati event, two of which are on Bank Holidays, or just do the Bank Holiday ones and save over £150 and get the Arena circuit on Both days

Blast now I'm telling everybody my plans

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 21-Feb-2011, 22:52
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Bit steep for parade laps and guests as for track time it does depend on what you end up getting

In July 2000 Honda UK treated me and about 1000 others to several laps Free of Charge around the Silverstone circuit for National Fireblade day.

There were many top BSB and TT riders around on the day and also Tadao Baba was guest of honour, bit like having Tamburini along for the day for many of us.

Hence me thinking Guest and parade lap prices a bit steep

Remember that keV...what a sight !
Old 21-Feb-2011, 23:20
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
glad to hear it, that the MT (or whatever it is called thesedays) has already agreed to have this kind of draw ala the old days with the GP. If someone is trawling their bike there AND manning the event its right they get a ticket, otherwise lets have the membership see some benefit (for once) for the fees that have been paid.

will there be a thread, or an email, or letter to register?

Yes, and we've already said that all of the "deals" that we get with DUK will be fairly distributed - I think it was in the meeting notes in the DSC section.

Not sure how things will be done *if* we get any freebies at all, but we will use the message board in the first instance and follow it up with an email to all registered members.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 21-Feb-2011, 23:37
Mille

I don't see this as a reason to have a knock at the DSC. DUK are obviously aiming the weekend at really rich people, that's their prerogative. I hope it works for the brand, although personally it puts me off & after being loyal for 20 years it makes me wonder about jumping. I have put up with a lot of stick about buying dukes because of the branding rather than ability & this might just be the final straw.
Old 22-Feb-2011, 00:16
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Don't worry guys, for the common DSC member we will be doing other things

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!