Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 23-Jul-2006, 19:24
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Road rubber going off after 12 laps ? come on... seriously... people have run 1 pair of tyres for a whole season before now.

Everyone does 12+ laps on trackdays more than 6 times in a day. I've run back to back sessions on the 916 with a mate and the rubber was fine and dandy.

I can accpet a lot of things, but tyres going off, well, i'm not having that one.
Old 23-Jul-2006, 21:21
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy1
for me it would have to be DP or NGRRC...CANT see Bemsee being any better then New era...
still dont think they will get two grids for next year!!!

would be a good idea to get enough sigs in place first......
they will need to accept its going to be a mix grid.or in with a diffance class!

Although I am not running a DD bike I had a word with Jim Hinchcliffe of Derby Phoenix at Snetterton today, i know Jim of old as I used to race F400 with DP, He sees no problem in running DD with in DP, but is not sure he could give DD two seperate grids, but if someone from the DD organising body would like to contact him he is happy to talk about it.

Chris.
Old 23-Jul-2006, 21:54
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksy2
Road rubber going off after 12 laps ? come on... seriously... people have run 1 pair of tyres for a whole season before now.

Everyone does 12+ laps on trackdays more than 6 times in a day. I've run back to back sessions on the 916 with a mate and the rubber was fine and dandy.

I can accpet a lot of things, but tyres going off, well, i'm not having that one.

Sorry Steve but you'll have to swallow it. Lap 5 & 6 of almost every race see the back end sliding. It's not a matter that they go off, more that the top layer of rubber overheats while the carcass is still cold (a consequence of having no tyre warmers). The difference in temp causes the tyres to feel greasy and lose traction. What they'll be like over 12 laps of a hot donny I dread to think. There isn't a road tyre on the market that's designed to run at race pace for 25 mins at a track temp of 45 degs C, let alone the humble (but brilliant) Diablo.

As for you running back to back sessions on the 916, try carrying some cornerspeed once in a while and you'll soon see what we're on about.......
Old 23-Jul-2006, 23:04
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
LOL...nice Ali...

However maybe this opens the can of worms of warmers then ?

I've never ridden on diablos and you could argue i've never lapped at the same pace as you... However, i see plenty of boys in series like R6 cup (Dunlops) of blokes in New Era powerbikes running on 'road' (SC and Racetecs in NE) lapping in many seconds quicker than you lads and lasses and not complaining about their tyres losing traction.

SPinning a tyre isn't necessarily a sign of it going off is it ? Surely there's a mix up in words here, as if the tyre had 'gone off' then it would not be used again in the next meeting... most people keep the rubber for more than 1 race don't they ?
Old 24-Jul-2006, 00:10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p
He sees no problem in running DD with in DP, but is not sure he could give DD two seperate grids, but if someone from the DD organising body would like to contact him he is happy to talk about it.

Chris.

Nice one Chris

Certainly worth approaching them

http://www.dpmcc.com/

Road Race Secretary
Jim Hinchliff
Tel/Fax 01623 636880
email jim.dpmcc@btinternet.com

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 24-Jul-2006, 00:46
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksy2
LOL...nice Ali...

However maybe this opens the can of worms of warmers then ?

I've never ridden on diablos and you could argue i've never lapped at the same pace as you... However, i see plenty of boys in series like R6 cup (Dunlops) of blokes in New Era powerbikes running on 'road' (SC and Racetecs in NE) lapping in many seconds quicker than you lads and lasses and not complaining about their tyres losing traction.

SPinning a tyre isn't necessarily a sign of it going off is it ? Surely there's a mix up in words here, as if the tyre had 'gone off' then it would not be used again in the next meeting... most people keep the rubber for more than 1 race don't they ?

You're being very naive if you think a Pirelli Diablo is comparable to a Racetec or a Dunlop 208 Qualifier (or whatever the R6's use?)

Touch wood, but I don't tend to have big slides, but I think that's more to do with my indivual riding style. I know that everyone I've spoken to, has mentioned lack of traction a lot (the faster riders at least).

Can I just add that a lot of you DD folk were adamant about Snetterton being a 20 lap race - s'funny how people change their minds innit - Donny is only a 12 lap race.

I'd like 2 races at EVERY meeting. Long races are of no interest to me - unless we have 2 of em

Can the RC at least let us know that something is being done? I think it's a poor show that the MT (in general) seem to be completely ignoring everything on the forum. Is this a new MT policy?

Old 24-Jul-2006, 01:06
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
at oulton the back was swinging around at me at oulton after a 20 min sesion at the track day on the 4th but i think that down to the way i ride the bike
Old 24-Jul-2006, 01:08
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
just been looking at DP web site they run less races than new era at a race meeting so we could be in there. any way see how donington goes and what the MT have to say

when are the MT talking to new era
Old 24-Jul-2006, 06:16
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p
Although I am not running a DD bike I had a word with Jim Hinchcliffe of Derby Phoenix at Snetterton today, i know Jim of old as I used to race F400 with DP, He sees no problem in running DD with in DP, but is not sure he could give DD two seperate grids, but if someone from the DD organising body would like to contact him he is happy to talk about it.

Chris.

nice one mate!

Derby phoenix are a really good and friendly club....and jim will alway try his best to help you out,well he did for me when i race with them!!
Old 24-Jul-2006, 07:13
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Nice one Chris

Certainly worth approaching them

http://www.dpmcc.com/

Road Race Secretary
Jim Hinchliff
Tel/Fax 01623 636880
email jim.dpmcc@btinternet.com

Cheers Kev, when speaking to Jim yesterday he mentioned that NE is run as a business, wages to pay etc,etc, DP is not, so spare cash is chaneled back into the club, for instance this years fees are the same as last years , although the club had to pay higher circuit fees for each meeting, the fees to riders did not go up, but where subsidised by spare cash from the club, now that is the way it should be done, but it is down to DD organisers to sort out, but I do recomend they do sooner than later.

Another good point to come from the two day DP meeting at snetterton was that due to not needing practices on the sunday all 1st races went to 10 laps & all second races went to 12 laps, well worth the entrance fees, also they ran a scratch race at the end of the meeting, open to any bikes, £10 (100% of the £10 went to the riders Ben fund) first 40 to the assembly area raced, thats what you call good organisation.

Chris