Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Apr-2005, 15:35
Montjuic

Mood: Ecstatic
Dealers and buying a s/h 749

Well hello, I'm new here, but have been seen on the UK Monster board as I'm currently a Monster owner but now looking to purchase a 749bp.

So I've done all the usual looking around and saw Ducati Aylesbury had a quite a big stock, but my worry is, can they actually be so full of cr*p or is it just me imagining it. I spoke to the main chap on the phone and he said he had five 749's which had come in from the Ducati Main Dealer as they were demostrators, asking if I could test ride one (as they were 749s's rather then the standard BP I have tried before), he said no, as the keys had not been sent yet (er okay). I popped down on the saturday so he could have a look at my monster to see what he'd offer me for it as a trade in and suddenly the bikes there were all ex privately owned bikes and not demonstrators, hmmm..

Then he offers me a 748 'just in' that morning as the 749s' were a bit our of my price range (I wasn't interested in the 748), but had a look anyway and he said I could take that today, I was surpirsed as no checks had been done on the bike or anything and he's offering it already.

So my quaetion is: Can they be trusted? Anyone had experience with them with used bikes? I seem to remember MotoRapido have quite a robust attitude to secondhand bikes in comparison.

Anyway, if Ducati Aylesbury are truly fulll of sh*t I may go private, so if anyone is selling or know of a trustworthy dealer...

J

[Edited on 3-4-2005 by Jayse]

[Edited on 3-4-2005 by Jayse]
Old 03-Apr-2005, 15:59
Mille

I have bought 2 Ducati's from them a 916sps & a 999 with no hassle but chose not get them serviced their,that was before Ducati Wolverhampton opened and have since bought my bikes from them who are not only knowledgeable but very helpfull and customer friendly.If they are not too far away give tnem a call on 01384 400234 ask for Tony and mention me i might get a discount!
Goog Luck
Old 03-Apr-2005, 16:05

Mood: Getting the garage sorted!!
Hi Jayse

As Duc Aylesbury is closest to me I have bought 3 bikes off them out of the 5 I have had. A ex demo Multistrada and my current 749s Mono.

I have had no hassle with the sales guys there, they seem ok to me. Got a good trade in for the multi and a fair deal on the 749. The service dept have been great to me at all times even when i had to wait 7 weeks for a multi panel.

Just had some bother with the 749 and a rusty tank and they are taking care of that really well.

At the end of the day i think you have to trust yourself though, if i was treated badly by Aylesbury over anything I would think twice before i went back again. I feel if you stop looking after your current customers then that can not be good. But while they treat me well I have not a bad thing to say about the whole place.
Old 03-Apr-2005, 18:32
Montjuic

Mood: Ecstatic
Thanks chaps, I hear what you say, i'm glad all went smooth. I think if I was in the market for a new bike, I'd be less bothered.

Well here's hoping I find the right bike ay!

J
Old 03-Apr-2005, 21:05
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
i travelled upto aylesbury too mate looking at getting my first duke form them and had the very same impression as you have

being a salesman myself i know bullsh*t when i hear it and that was all that came from them, were more interested in what they had to sell me rather than what i wanted/had to spend

wouldnt go back there again in a hurry
Old 03-Apr-2005, 22:47
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Steve main man Ducati Aylesbury = oooooommmmmmmmmmm I wouldn't.

Would f**k a frog if he could catch it between hops. IMO.