Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Jul-2004, 07:12
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by STEVE M
Jools - have to agree.
After testing a MS, within days a letter popped through my door offering me £500 worth of DP goodies, this on top of 0% credit and as well as what I could get out of the dealer.

I have picked the wrong time to be skint - poo, or a new Multistumpty with some nice tasty bits would now be in my garage. Don't you just know that there will be no deals about when I come to get one.

Yep,the latest adverts for the MTS say they will offer a "touring package" or "racing package" when you buy one.The touring package has full panniers,handguards,screen and comfort seat.The racing package has Termi system and carbon hugger,front guard and clutch cover.Did'nt get none of that with mine.
Old 24-Jul-2004, 15:11
Big Twin

Just been into the local dealer and sure enough Ducati have reduced their prices, luckily for me NOT the 749R.
Old 28-Jul-2004, 14:48
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
A little birdie told me on Sunday at Donington that next years 749 / 999 's will have coloured frames like the R's and black painted cast swingarms and black heat shields on the exaust , the deals are probably to shift the 04 stock before the upgrades arrive , most manufacturers do the same
Old 28-Jul-2004, 15:00
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Not surprised either. It's pretty basic economics. Their is definitely an over supply of new bikes, even used ones. Has anyone else noticed that the classified ads in MCN has gotten fatter? Or is just me? There are quite a few "R" in there, at laughable prices too!

Buying new will always have the same result. You loose a ton of money.

Your best off buying a classic if you're worried about resale value, like 851 SP3 and 888 SP3, 4, 5.

It might soon be time to buy that S4R. Should be cheap over winter.
Old 28-Jul-2004, 18:33
Montjuic

Are you implying that S4R is / can be a classic bike? Just curious. since that is one of the potential bikes for me....
Old 28-Jul-2004, 20:38
500SD

Mood: Relaxed - don't worry about things you can't change
Interested to hear claims that 749R and 999R are not being reduced in price.

I have seen some evidence to contradict this ....and what do you know....a certain dealer has 3 749Rs left and 3 999Rs.

Hands up anyone who thinks they couldn't get a deal ....and I will point to a numpty!

Its a great time to be a buyer.......got a great deal on my S4R!
Old 28-Jul-2004, 20:46
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Typer, I've got no idea if the S4R will become a classic. My point was that if you're worried about resale value, don't buy anything recent, as it will invariably loose value like any other bike. Some goes for the S4R. I just like the bike, not fussed about resale as I tend to keep things for a while.
Old 29-Jul-2004, 09:33
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
My local dealer has 3-4 749r's with £600 of so can't be selling well here in Bristol