Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Jul-2005, 00:20
500SD

Flatspot & KP, try using the 'search' feature to reveal the countless discussions we've already had on the subject.

KP, I have the ProTwins mod which I find excellent. If you make it to a Surrey meet you could try it out and see.
Old 15-Jul-2005, 12:39
Mille

Mood: Replacing 999...
Will do - thanks Rally. We are both newbies here so forgive us going over old ground.
I have only just discovered what u2u is!!

thanks,

kp
Old 15-Jul-2005, 15:04
Mille

Mood: On the mend!
It is too light and requires too much twisting but I only brake with one finger so haven't experienced the problem described.
Old 15-Jul-2005, 15:52
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
I know I'm swimming against the tide of opinion here, but I don't think the throttle action's too light. Yes, it's hard to twist your wrist enough to get full throttle but how often is that actually a problem?

Flatspot, I think Kerry is on to something by suggesting you angle the brake lever to align with your wrist/ forearm.
Old 15-Jul-2005, 17:01
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Well said Wylie1 - completely agree
Old 15-Jul-2005, 23:40
Mille

Mood: On the mend!
The too light bit is only an issue in the early days of ownership. Then muscle memory kicks in and you adjust to it.

So kind of agree.
Old 16-Jul-2005, 00:38
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1
Yes, it's hard to twist your wrist enough to get full throttle but how often is that actually a problem?

Shame to have all those horses and not use them

I found it a problem on the first track day on my 999S. I couldn't work out why I wasn't able to out drag an RSV down the straight.

In fact, now I think about it, that's how I first came across the DSC... I wanted to know if it was a known problem with a cure or if I was imagining it. Now I just hang around like a bad smell
Old 16-Jul-2005, 03:47

Quote:
Flatspot, I think Kerry is on to something by suggesting you angle the brake lever to align with your wrist/ forearm.

Am still trying to work out where ir should be. If the bike is on the rear paddock stand, front wheel sitting straight. Looking at he bike side on, taking the bar to be the centre of the clock face, where do you have your lever, 3,4, or 5 o'clock, or somewhere between those numbers?

cheers

Mike
Old 16-Jul-2005, 10:45
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by Flatspot
Quote:

Am still trying to work out where ir should be. If the bike is on the rear paddock stand, front wheel sitting straight. Looking at he bike side on, taking the bar to be the centre of the clock face, where do you have your lever, 3,4, or 5 o'clock, or somewhere between those numbers?

cheers

Mike

To check the lever positions, put your hands on the bars in your usual riding position and flex your fingers without moving your wrists or arms. Both levers should lie just beneath your fingers.

Ideally, your hand should be horizontally in line with your forearm. If you have to move your hand significantly to reach the controls, the levers need moving.

Mark the levers' original position against the handlebars with tape and then slacken the clamps. Move the levers around the bars and re-clamp them in position. Repeat until they're right.
Old 16-Jul-2005, 10:51
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by Rally
Quote:
Yes, it's hard to twist your wrist enough to get full throttle but how often is that actually a problem?

Shame to have all those horses and not use them

I agree, but if you're tucked in behind the screen (as you would be on a track), you can get full throttle.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rally
I found it a problem on the first track day on my 999S. I couldn't work out why I wasn't able to out drag an RSV down the straight.

Overtake them in the bends . It's much more fun