Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Feb-2005, 21:57
DSC Club Rep
Big Twin
Bikes: 848

Help with electrical connector

Can i simply pull the wires out of the back of this electrical connector or am I likely to snap them?? Theres no obvious movement, so wondered if once pushed into the connector they were there for good. Wanted to see if I could re-use the connector, thats all....

Cheers

[Edited on 20-2-2005 by JasonBoswell]
Old 20-Feb-2005, 22:08
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
You can get them out but it's tricky. Pulling on them will only pull the wire of the contact. You have to stick a tiny blade like a very small jewelers screw driver in the notch next to the contact on the contact side of the connector as opposed to the side where the wires come out. The yellow seals are crimped onto the contact together with the wire. Once you release the tab from the contact side you can pull the wire out and it comes out complete with seal and contact pin.

So, yes, it done carefully, they can be reused. Why do you need to? Fuel pump failed? In a pinch send me the assembly and I'll do it for you. I have the proper crimping tool and contact and connectors, etc.

[Edited on 20-2-2005 by Felix]