Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Feb-2005, 17:30
Big Twin

I take it that spectators are OK at track days? I am close enough to Cadwell to take a run over and say hi, but not sure if I am gong to be ready to book a track day myself on Good Friday. Tempting though it is! I'm intending getting a race fairing before going on the track as a bit of "insurance".

Henry
Old 24-Feb-2005, 18:02
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
spectators are more than welcome henry.
please come and say 'ello... there'll be 3 of us there so far - you'll recognise us: one bloke with half a dozen suited n booted chaps following everywhere he goes, passing salutations such as "sir" or even "m'lord" his way at every opportunity; the other guy will be shaking uncontrolably and pleading for the arrival of mummy after being hung out to dry in the fast group on a m620; then you should find ruthie, you'll spot her easy by the bottle of champers in one hand and easer egg in the other.

:P

[Edited on 24-2-2005 by NBs996]
Old 24-Feb-2005, 18:10
Big Twin
Bikes: Kawasaki ZX10r D6f, Dawes XC2.4, Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon

Mood: aving a laff
No spectator barring at trackdays.
Most trackdays on have a fair few watching for a bit of a day out.
No admission fees and you get to see some of your mates having a hoon round track.
Get ya interested enough to buy that track fairing and give it a go!

YOu know you wanna!
Old 24-Feb-2005, 18:11
Big Twin
Bikes: Kawasaki ZX10r D6f, Dawes XC2.4, Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon

Mood: aving a laff
Beat me to it Nick
Old 24-Feb-2005, 18:24
Big Twin

You're damn right, I do wanna!

Last time went to Cadwell was back in the 80s for the Classic races. Come to think of it, they were almost "current models" then, rather than Classics!

If I remember right, the Paddock was like a gravel carpark ( a very poor one at that). Do they have garages etc now? I've seen pics of other tracks days on here with a garage full of bikes. Is that always the case with No Limits?

A good analogy of the paddock at that time was like an autojumble at the BMF!

Henry
Old 24-Feb-2005, 18:33
Ducati in my Blood

They've tarmaced the paddock area at cadwell recently, and there's some bogs which sometimes work. Showers too, if memory serves!
No garages yet.

If there's garages at the venue, then they're always available for use, so seeing a garage full of bikes at somewhere like brands isn't exclusive to no limits. A track day is the best thing you'll have ever done henry, why not get booked up for good friday? You know it makes sense!
Old 24-Feb-2005, 19:41
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Yes Henry. Why don't you? Cadwell is great fun and the No Limits guys, keep things as safe as is humanly possible, IMHO. Also, you get a 10% discount on their prices if you tell them you're a DSC member. Ring Mark at No Limits and get yourself booked in.

WJB (DSC member) is instructing that day, amongst others. Just look out for a very short bloke in some rather scuffed NO LIMITS MJK leathers, speaks with a Scots accent and stands on a chair to be seen at the briefing.

Old 24-Feb-2005, 20:02
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
oi

I resemble that remark!

Careful with the word 'very' short, my daughter is now taller than me which she reminds me about every day by calling me shorty or short arse and the leathers in question have now been repaired and actually say NO LIMITS as opposed to O LIM

Really looking forward to seeing everyone there and getting on the bike again round my favourite circuit. I'll stand on a chair especially for you Ruth, I know your eyesight is not what it used to be - shall I bring a laptop and projector so you can follow the words on the screen

BIGJohnyB
Old 24-Feb-2005, 20:20
Big Twin

OK, I'm convinced. My wife is now telling me I should sign up for it. I'll sort it tomorrow.

Henry
Old 24-Feb-2005, 20:25
Ducati in my Blood

Well that didn't take much persuasion did it!!
Nice one mate, see you there...

Don't know if you're riding there, but if you are then there'll be plenty in the way of tools and extra fuel to keep you happy. Just bring cakes! Oh, and red wine!