Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Apr-2004, 11:47
500SD

Mood: mmmm....yellow!
Identifying Exhausts?

I've got 50mm carbon pipes on the bike, but I have no idea what manufactur they are. They were fitted at the dealer (Chris Clarke) who has since gone bust. Insurance companies keep aksing me what manufacture the pipes are, but I dont know. How can I find out? The original cans were posted back to my mate, from whom I bought the bike, in a white box with "made in Italy" on. CC also chipped the bike & sent back the original eeprom with the std cans.
Old 16-Apr-2004, 12:36
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
L748

No clues at all? Not even any logos stamped on them anywhere?

If that is the case then maybe a picture would help the resident can spotters.

If no piccy and they can't be identified then just tell the insurance co they are made by Termignoni, as fas as I know they don't stamp any makers mark on em, you only get a sticker. Termi stickers can be bought for about a £10 a pair?

Some other makes like Arrow, Sil moto Micron?, stamp some sort of logo or lettering on the can from what I have seen.

I seen to recall that Chris clarkes did their own brand cans CCR as well.

Hope that helps,

Ray
Old 16-Apr-2004, 12:43
500SD

Have you had a look at the chip? Could well be a manufacturers sticker on it if it came with the cans.

You would hope that if they came from CC they would be Termignoni with him being a (ex!) Ducati dealer.

Have you been able to compare them against anything else?

If in doubt, why not tell the insurance co that they are Termignoni? As they're the most expensive at least you know you'd be covered should the worst happen.

If you can't tell who made them it's doubtful if the insurance co could either!

Cheers, Neil.
Old 16-Apr-2004, 12:50
Bevel Head

Mood: Neutral - but only maybe. 1994 Duc 916S1, 2006 Duc Sportclassic 1000 Sport
Just confirming that Chris Clarke did supply there own cans with CCR stickers on them - they may well be these with the stickers taken off, I have a feeling they were not Termis. My 45 Termis have no identifying marks on them other than 'for race use only' engraved on the top of the front ally band if thats any help.
Old 17-Apr-2004, 00:11
Mille

If they are genuine Termi's they will have a rough feel to them. i.e. not smoothed out by excessive clear laquer and able to feel the direction of the laid carbon fibre.
Old 17-Apr-2004, 00:15
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
As Bianchi says, genuine Termis have a rough feel to them as there is not much resin in with the carbon fibre. The seam of the carbon is located on the top of the can, if I remember correctly.

As they're 50mm, the should also have "race use only" (I think) stamped on them on the top side of the edging on the seat side.

Also there's something about the exhaust hole itself - isn't the plate domed and the edge of the exhaust hole rolled or something?

I'll check mine in the morning and let you know for sure...
Old 17-Apr-2004, 00:57
Mille

Mood: yes mistress
Forza

I have a Forza system on my bike (748) and like the Termis, the only logo's anywhere on the pipes are the stickers.
I have never heard anybody talk about these systems, but I understand that they are very good. Italian American company.
Old 17-Apr-2004, 11:02
500SD

I'll take some piccies of them later. there are no manufacturers markings on them anywhere. I know they were £700 fitted though (got the receipt)

they are rough to the touch, they have "not for Road use" on the undersides stamped onto the chrome banding. They are similar to Termis, apart from the small brackets at the ends of the cans, which bolt together. Looking at Termi's, they are different.
Someone said Chris Clarke used to supply SilMotor cans- could be them I suppose?

Do termis have "not for road use" on, or similar?

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by lane748]
Old 17-Apr-2004, 13:13
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
if i remember right they have for race use only.
Old 17-Apr-2004, 15:52
500SD

Just phoned my mate, who said that when he had them fitted, they were known as CCR cans. Surley Chris Clarke was buying them in from somewhere?