Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Jun-2005, 14:32
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Look out for the rice burner with the DSC sticker on its tail

Martin M is booked in as well.

Ray
Old 30-Jun-2005, 18:58
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Nice one Guys - I might just have to have a drive over.

I'm booked in with 100% Bikes for the 12th but it looks like there are only 'fast' places left already and I am going to have to go and play in the novice group....should be fun.

Play safe

Frank
Old 01-Jul-2005, 23:49
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Half a dozen Ducatis at Croft today basking in the sunshine. Even OY was looking Stylish Looks like he's had some tuition

If anyone finds a Ducati Corse drinks bottle on the A168 its mine!

Ray.

[Edited on 1-7-2005 by Ray]
Old 01-Jul-2005, 23:59
Big Twin
Bikes: Kawasaki ZX10r D6f, Dawes XC2.4, Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon

Mood: aving a laff
Watched your lines Ray to help me round

Still nowhere near last years lap times on the 996 but the 748 seems to improve every outing.

Getting used to the difference in power output and hopefully will improve next time out.

Shame to see Turbopacs go home early again.

Weather was great and a great craic was had by all.

Dont forget the night out you were thinking of Ray, York is my playgroud
Old 02-Jul-2005, 18:28
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Well, cracking day at sunny Croft. Met up with a few old faces and a few new ones.

The track is excellent, I really loved it and glad No Limits have it on the calendar now, (back there later in the year on 22 Sept, £99 less DSC 10% discount).

There are a couple of points where there is little run off and the famous bumps play havoc with the suspension, but there are some awesome bends round the back. The No Limits instructors had not been there before, so we arranged to go out at 9.00am before the track opens officially at 9.30, so we had a few laps to check if it went left or right at the end of the straight, before I had to lead the fast group out. I decided to be brave and stay out after the first two siting laps and not chicken out an come in. Glad I did though. I was passed pretty much immediately by a guy who raced on the KRC event at Snet the other day with the DD boys, then about half a lap before another two went past like I was standing still, so I tucked in behind them and stayed there for half a lap maybe before I decided I was trusting them too much and that they were clearly better riders than me, but after that, nobody else came past and I stayed out for about another 4 laps before coming in to get ready to lead the inters out. Just as I looked around to make sure it was clear to come into the pits, I couldn't help but notice there were about 10 bikes lining up behind me....oops. It took me until about lunchtime before I started to get the turn in and braking points and I had a great afternoon. Still a long way to go to get up to pace there though, it's a really a demanding track, but worth the journey. I would rather have Croft on my doorstep than Brands, Snet or Rocky that's for sure.

WeeJohnyB

[Edited on 2-7-2005 by WeeJohnyB]
Old 03-Jul-2005, 18:20
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Interesting comments WJB....I've only ever found the bump after the chicane to be a problem but there again I know I'm not going fast enough anyway for it to matter that much.

Glad you enjoyed yourself though, for a small local track I think Croft is excellent - I just wish it was a bit longer !!!

Cheers - Frank