Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 24-Oct-2005, 11:52
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
I agree with the looks part, but remember this is the prototype.

When we did the DSC factory visit i spent a while looking round the GP bike. If they manage to lift half the trick bits and technology and some of the looks from that then it should be a stonking bike.

You will always get the people who do not like change, i thought the 749/999 range was pig ugly to start with and ended up buying one, must admit it grew on me.

I think the factory will have to pull out all the stops to make the punters happy with this one, if i was shelling out circa 35k i would not be happy if the build quality was the same as the 749/999 range, I.E. poor welds around tank, etc etc we all know the snags.

I suppose we will have to wait and see........and what a long wait it is looking

I just hope and pray for those lucky people looking to buy it Ducati does not shaft them yet again a la 999R and 998 FE's producing more than originally promised or bringing something out the following year with more power on an S model affecting values.

Would be suicidal business sense on Ducati's part but those with the cash keep going back like lemmings buying the top toys only to be shafted months later.....Tis their own fault i suppose for putting up with it.
Old 24-Oct-2005, 11:59
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
The dealer update addresses some of these concerns mate.

Especially on the performance/technology and build quality fronts.

Cheers!

Scott
Old 24-Oct-2005, 12:02
500SD

Since you seem to know what the dealer update consists of why not post it for all to see????
Old 24-Oct-2005, 12:03
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottyB
Since you seem to know what the dealer update consists of why not post it for all to see????

Grow a head ya f anny
Old 24-Oct-2005, 12:05
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
You know Ducati will build the 35K model then the following year, or possibly two they'll be the punter spec, looks the same but 1/2 the price, this will be the replacement for the 749/999 range, and various models in the range, and as ever the top model will effectively become the following years S model etc etc

Same as what MV did with the F4, had the bling Serie Oro (sp???) then the lower spec version for all
Old 24-Oct-2005, 12:08
500SD

Absolutely on the money JPM............

You sure you don't have a hand in the marketing department
Old 24-Oct-2005, 12:13
888 at Last !!!

That pic as been out for a while.
Yes, i don't really like the looks on the Desmosedici at all.
I just hope they can improve it before release it in the market.
Old 24-Oct-2005, 12:18
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottyB
Absolutely on the money JPM............

You sure you don't have a hand in the marketing department

I wish!

It upsets loyal Ducati buyers I guess 9 (me included to a degree), because each MY their bike becomes the next rung down on the ladder etc, but from Ducati's perspective it's great marketing sense, why re-invent the wheel every two years like Honda etc, when they can just tweak the specs, fairing etc a tad each MY and keep sales rolling.

I for one am really interested to see what the final bike will be like, and if it can challenge the Jap equivalent in BSB/WSB etc, you've got to admit the lure of having one of the rarest Ducati (road) bikes is quite good, but could you, would you ride it?
Old 24-Oct-2005, 12:26
500SD

At 35k i dread to think what the costs would be to run it.

Someone with more cash than sense will keep it in the crate with 0 miles and let dust gather on it......Why? Surely you are buying it primarily for the engine and the chassis to see how it rides/handles.

As for the servicing, i take it Official Ducati dealers mechanics will need to be trained on servicing it before it is rolled out........costs will no doubt be in the upper brackets........

What's the old saying...."If you can afford to buy it you can afford to run it"
Old 24-Oct-2005, 13:33
500SD

:P We have already ordered Scottch's replacement panels/clip on's levers etc....and another set of Arai's/gloves/boots ...should make up for loosing weeian's custom.....

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit