Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.
View Poll Results: Interested
Yes 39 62.90%
No 16 25.81%
Don't care either way. 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-Oct-2006, 13:58
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
I put 'dont care' as I think it has damaged the clubs image and taken over its business too much, though I do enjoy watching racing.
My membership is up soon,I cant think of any good reason to continue it,I joined the Dsc shortly after it was formed,it was a good way of getting to know other Ducati owners,now its main concern seems to be DD,given that I may very well be the last member left in Scotland it seems that the north has voted with its feet on this.
Old 11-Oct-2006, 19:07
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave G
I put 'dont care' as I think it has damaged the clubs image and taken over its business too much, though I do enjoy watching racing.
My membership is up soon,I cant think of any good reason to continue it,I joined the Dsc shortly after it was formed,it was a good way of getting to know other Ducati owners,now its main concern seems to be DD,given that I may very well be the last member left in Scotland it seems that the north has voted with its feet on this.

In that case Dave will you turn out the lights when(if?) you leave.....

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 11-Oct-2006, 19:30
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
In that case Dave will you turn out the lights when(if?) you leave.....

John

bit of a bad taste comment Monty
Old 11-Oct-2006, 19:34
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I think John was commenting in a light hearted way on Dave's suggestion that he was the last Scottish member.
Old 11-Oct-2006, 19:35
Ducati Corse

Frank

... is your nose brown???

Last edited by Henners : 11-Oct-2006 at 19:44.
Old 11-Oct-2006, 19:39
Big Twin

Not a member of the DSC anymore because; 1 too much back stabbing.2 seen the light and bought a gsxr 750.

but I do still follow the dd racing and i am very disapointed in how its going off the track.

It seems as there are to many people with opinions, there also seems to be a RC who do not listen to the Riders who's opinions are important !

just my 2p worth!

Oh it's not just the Rc who are unable to listen it has stuck me in the pastr that certain members of the MT also suffer from denial !

Old 11-Oct-2006, 19:49
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrAge
Oh it's not just the Rc who are unable to listen it has stuck me in the pastr that certain members of the MT also suffer from denial !

OH NO THEY DON'T...

...I'll get me coat
Old 11-Oct-2006, 20:25
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrAge
Not a member of the DSC anymore because; 1 too much back stabbing.2 seen the light and bought a gsxr 750.

but I do still follow the dd racing and i am very disapointed in how its going off the track.

It seems as there are to many people with opinions, there also seems to be a RC who do not listen to the Riders who's opinions are important !

just my 2p worth!

Enjoy your gsxwatever.
Old 11-Oct-2006, 20:44
Mille

I've put no. Whilst I appreciate all the work that's gone into setting the DD series up I feel this is now taking over to the point of making it dull & uninteresting.

Too many people posting the same kind information/stories/pics etc makes me just avoid all the posts re DD. I do feel it has a place within DSC but am pleased we now have the option of opting out, and praise the team who made the decision to offer an opt out. A brave decision, but an appreciated one.
Old 11-Oct-2006, 20:45
Mille

Mood: Poor Grammer
Thumbs up

Deffinately YES.
There will always be club politics and differences of opinion, no matter what the subject is. I know the riders enjoy and I enjoy watching it. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to next season already.
Cheers
Allan R

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit