Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Sep-2006, 23:52
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
I entirely believe that to be the case.

Have you been away recently?

If that is the case - you being got at - then action should be taken. Proving it to be the case might be a bit difficult.

Well I know you're a gob****e but, I am not aware of anything you have said here that is contentious enough or bad enough to give cause for you to be singled out for special treatment...which is why I ask for it to be clarified.

Last edited by twpd : 04-Sep-2006 at 23:54.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 23:57
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd
I am an impartial observer with no axe to grind.

Is that an axe grinder I can see behind you?

Quote:
2. Dom is doing much better than last year when he was nowhere - known fact

It's also a known fact that I had a slow bike last year, and my previous form (albeit a few year ago) proves that I am a good racer - or was - and now am again

Quote:
3. Dom is winning the championship - known fact

Yes I did

Quote:
4. Dom has made comments about 800 camshaft

I've said rude things about the RC too, but nobody has protested - what's your point

Quote:
The point I am making is that it's an easy and understandable conclusion to come to that Dom might be cheating.

Not judging by what's been said on here - and in the paddock, but I can see how you're thinking what you're thinking. You're being sensible again aren't you!

Quote:
It's a crying shame that someone might use this sort of situation to their advantage with an alternative personal agenda motivating them - nonetheless it is easy to see how rumours of cheating can exist.

Uh huh
Old 05-Sep-2006, 00:01
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys 900ss
I have been watching clubmans races since I was 0 yrs old and can see a good rider over another.

You, Dom, are awesome and when you went passed me on the 'superpole' qualifying at Oulton, I followed for as long as I could and could see how well you ride the bike and it gave me some tips how to ride these things.

Well done mate, your the series winner, dont forget. And well done to Phil too! It seems the celebrations need more emphasis!!! These guys have worked damn hard!

Our swimming club won Sat night before and we had cheers, group photos and presentations....

Andy

Thanks Andy, not sure I'm quite that good though

Do you know who won the second Class B race at the weekend? I think it was the same bloke who smashed the lap record by 3 seconds!!

Well done to you too

Bl%dy ringers
Old 05-Sep-2006, 00:02
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
You're being sensible again aren't you!

Are you insulting me again.

Seriously though, with all the feathers flying it is very easy to lose sight of things and rational thought goes out of the window. All I am trying to do is present an alternative view of things.
Old 05-Sep-2006, 00:13
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Thanks Dom, maybe nice to have something to show for it tho???

Andy
Old 05-Sep-2006, 00:19
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys 900ss
Thanks Dom, maybe nice to have something to show for it tho???

Andy

Yeah, sorry for being protested and that

Scroll down to Lap & Race Records
Old 05-Sep-2006, 08:15
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Dom, just to set one record straight. Geof Spencers bike was legal at 670-the rule was changed later. We were advised by a Ducati expert that there were no big bore 620 kits available and none were likely to become available until this year-didn't stop the Baines brothers from making their own though did it......... Geof offered to reduce the capacity of his bike back to standard if we could come up with some barrels for him, a lot of favours were called in and barrels obtained.
The bottom line is he wasn't cheating so kept his points, you weren't cheating(as I stated earlier having watched on Saturday I never believed you were) and have kept your points and won the championship-so once again well done and well ridden. As I think I said to you at the end of last year it's about time your class showed-well you have shown it all year.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 05-Sep-2006, 11:09
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
The bottom line is he wasn't cheating so kept his points

Any idea why his bike had hi-comp pistons in then when it was sold?

The difference is, everyone now knows that I didn't have to cheat or spend £000's on my engine to win DD - where as we can only take your word for it that Geoff's bike was legal.

Fact and fiction.
Old 05-Sep-2006, 11:12
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Any idea why his bike had hi-comp pistons in then when it was sold?

The difference is, everyone now knows that I didn't have to cheat or spend £000's on my engine to win DD - where as we can only take your word for it that Geoff's bike was legal.

Fact and fiction.

so where do I stand then............as Geoffs 2005 winning bike is in DD circulation still..............................!

And i know its no faster than Tims, couchies, erics or even woods 620ss...........as we had some ding dongs on the trackday.................!!...................and i have ridden 3 620's now....

but there are doubters still it seems.?

Phil
Old 05-Sep-2006, 11:14
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
so where do I stand then............as Geoffs 2005 winning bike is in DD ciculation still..............................!

And i know its no faster than Tims, couchies, erics or even woods 620ss...........as we had some ding dongs on the trackday.................!!...................and i have ridden 3 620's now....

but there are doubters still it seems.?

Phil

Tony had standard pistons put back in.

Just don't pi$$ the RC off and you'll be fine