Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Apr-2004, 14:55

Mood: full moon madness!
kev, thats really decent of you mate, that i would apreciate! i never even knew that there was a meet next weekend, where is this too? i will be gutted if i can't get my bike going, cos it's the only 1 ive got!! now i really need to get my act together...H-E-L-P!!!!!!!
Old 12-Apr-2004, 09:06
GTL
Bikes: ST4s ABS

Paddy, maybe I'm stating the obvious but the bike was going before you changed the petrol tap was it not? When you installed the new tap did you remember to turn it on? Have you checked that petrol is getting through it?
You've probably done this already but just a thought.
Old 12-Apr-2004, 13:57

yeah the taps on alrite, had another look at the plugs---"wet"--- show all the signs of being too rich,took em out, cleaned + dried them, then she fired for the first time, backfired about 5 times then nothing!! what can this be.. im really gutted cos being a bank-hol i wanted soo much to hit weymouth and show off!!! aaagghhh...
Old 12-Apr-2004, 19:34

right.... stripped the airbox off, tried to remove the float bowls, screws were a nightmare, could'nt remove them!! so put an airline down the main feed fuel pipe to blow it through, after bleeding the floatbowls. put all together and ...hurahhh she started and ran! put me gear on to take her for a blast, and yeah you guest it, run like a bag of 5hit! back to the one cylinder malarkee..cuting out wants loadza revs, wants to chuck me off... think i will sell her and buy me another rice burner.....what can i DO??
Old 13-Apr-2004, 20:31
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
Paddy, keep her and persevere

have u talked to Nelly yet?
If not do so NOW
He's yer main man and I guarantee yer'll be back on the road in ten mins flat (or flat on yer back)
Do it m8, you know you've got to
dont buy a rice burner, or else these hallowed pages will disappear as fast as a Chicken Chow Mein
2 cylinders vs 4...........theres no choice
'ave you seen the innards of those jap craps these days???? rhetorical question wiff no answeres needed
get 'er runnin soon m8
bestest
mort
Old 14-Apr-2004, 15:40

hey respect mort!! ive sent her off to "Fat Armadillo's" to get a good seeing too, ive give it my best, now the ol girls in the hands of the machanics. will keep posted on the outcome, and naah i really dont wanna ricey!
Old 16-Apr-2004, 22:12

after a visit to the "cheap machanic" shop she is sorted! bad conections, dodgy HT leads, blocked jets etc etc, nothing terminal £6.00 in parts, carb screws, etc, my bill come to......£a grand total of two hundred and fifteen pounds!!! i nearly...well whatever..this cost was on labour alone. shocking. but hey, the SS is running better than ever, ticks over with NO choke, and feels nice, but hey i still think i was a little burned....what do you think?????
Old 16-Apr-2004, 22:18
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

200 squid fer a few hrs of intensive labour seems a little OTT to me
If you had called Nelly (and I did mention before on this thread) he'd probably picked up, fixed, cleaned and breathed?? a likkle of his magic into it. Mind you I dont know where you are as I cant see any details on your avatar m8
However glad its fixed and yer back out riding
rgds
mort