Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Mar-2004, 22:41
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Lowered seat height at all ???

Just wheeling my little baby out yesterday so that I could actually have enough room to stand her vertically and top the oil off correctly.....a funny thing happened....

Even though the seat was still off, I cocked a leg over (steady) and tried sitting on the frame rails, just for the hell of it...

LOL - Talk about MASS CENTRALISATION

OK, I'd probably get cramp after 5 mins and I have no idea what real effect it would have on the handling but it actually felt like quite a good position.

I must dig out the Corbin seat I bought previously and chuck it on (but it does not latch down quite right. It is about a 1/3 of an inch lower than the old standard seat.

I wonder....is a superlight single seat lower, does not really look it from those I've seen and it seems like there is a lot of wasted 'height' between the fram tubes before the base of the seat appears.

Anyone got an old spare original seat

Fretting, Freaky, Fixated - Frank
Old 21-Mar-2004, 06:25
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Frank,
The origional mk.1 Superlight had a lower seat pad made out of a kind of foam rubber.Ducati only fitted these on the first run of bikes.They outer coating soon split or wore away and they let in water.Ducati fitted a upholstered seat to later models.
Being verticaly challenged,my wife had a cut down seat on her 900SS.A friend that made leather furniture did it for her.The seat was recovered in leather with red piping and an Italian flag,just like the Corbin,for 20quid.
I rode the bike many times myself and found the riding position very comfortable.
Old 21-Mar-2004, 08:23
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Cheers !!! I can feel yet another project coming on

Frank