Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Sep-2005, 13:20
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Recall

Not been out and about on the bike for ages now (another story) but the old postman delivered a registered letter from Ducati this morning.

Basically the recall staes " it has been discovered tha there is a possibility that the oil cooler on some machines could fail and cause an oil leak. as the leaking could get on to the rear tyre, potentially causing a dangerous riding condition, it is essential that you have your motorcycle inspected to determine whether the oil cooler should be replaced".
Old 28-Sep-2005, 13:43
Big Twin

Several threads on this now .... Ducati seem to be going through all their records and it appears some dealers may have repaired/checked and not updated the records. At least, I assume the dealer is meant to do that?

Bottom line is, some KTM oil coolers had inlet/outlet pipes that were push fit, and need to be replaced in case they spew oil out on your rear tyre. If the oil cooler says Toyo on the top of it then it's OK.

There is another recall doing the rounds (again) for the front brake hose - a P clip needs fitting to keep it out of the sterring stop. Look down past the reservoir and if the hose is clipped to the forks then it's OK - if it's hanging loose then pop it into your dealer and ask for a clip to be fitted. Takes a couple of minutes.
Old 28-Sep-2005, 14:17
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Cheers Henry not been around for a while and as it came today assumed it was a new one.

Will go back through some old threads tomorrow to catch up.
Old 28-Sep-2005, 14:24
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by jobr
Cheers Henry not been around for a while and as it came today assumed it was a new one.

Will go back through some old threads tomorrow to catch up.

No problem - you should find a couple of the threads in the "today" section as I was writing this same thing last night.
Old 28-Sep-2005, 14:44
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by HW
Bottom line is, some KTM oil coolers had inlet/outlet pipes that were push fit, and need to be replaced in case they spew oil out on your rear tyre. If the oil cooler says Toyo on the top of it then it's OK.

When mine went kapput it was spewing oil from within the matrix, not from the inlet/outlet conns.
Dealer told me he replaced the Toyo for a KTM.
There was also supposed to be a sticker applied by the dealer when he replaced the part.

Give em credit though, I think they are trying to make sure they catch ALL of the bikes rather than have a lawsuit.

[Edited on 28-9-2005 by guest1]
Old 28-Sep-2005, 16:30
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by guest1
Quote:
Originally posted by HW

When mine went kapput it was spewing oil from within the matrix, not from the inlet/outlet conns.
Dealer told me he replaced the Toyo for a KTM.
There was also supposed to be a sticker applied by the dealer when he replaced the part.

Give em credit though, I think they are trying to make sure they catch ALL of the bikes rather than have a lawsuit.

[Edited on 28-9-2005 by guest1]

Not heard that varient before Alan.