Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Jan-2005, 22:27
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
At long last Bradders........sorry for the delay, but am having major probs with VirginNet at the mo' and couldn't get online.

Here's some pics I've taken tonight of my yoke setup.

The first one gives you an idea of the size of the camcorder I'm using on-bike. It's a Sony DCR-PC101E. It would fit under my seat in between the subframe rails but that space is taken up with the power supply and switcher units that control my three bullet cams.

This shot shows you the camcorder in between the yokes and the clocks. It'll sit fairly snug to the headstock once it's placed in the bumbag I use.

These two are of the bag on it's own. I use velcro straps to secure the bag around the headstock. This means the bag can move freely in line with the forks when turning corners. The camcorder is small enough to rotate in the plane of the forks without jamming on the clock surround. When the nose cone is in situ, it has the added benefit of obscuring the whole setup from prying trackday organiser eyes etc who might say you can't use it even tho it cannot go anywhere (unless I cartwheel the bike and then the camcorder flying about would be the last of their worries).

The control on my left handlebar with 5 coloured buttons is the remote switcher unit that I use to change from one camera view to another when I have more than one bullet camera rigged up. These have gotten smaller now as mine was a bit of a prototype design.

As far as the switcher unit and power supply goes. Have a chat with Phillip Mace at Highview Electronics . He's the guru on all things electronic as far as on-bike video goes. I'd go as far as saying he's your 'on-stop-shop'. He'll sort you out with the cameras and any logistics you need to get them working on your bike (e.g. the power supply unit he did for me runs all my bullet cams and my switcher unit from the bike's battery - no more buggering about with packs of AA batteries than run out on you - just as you're passing Bayliss on the outside ) I have used RF Concepts but suffice to say I need more than just a camera, and their camera packed up on me too.

Any more info needed mate, drop me a line.

Guy
Old 07-Jan-2005, 20:32
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
cheers guido - helps alot.....just seen a dixons special for 299 which has dv in/out...trip to the shops for me at the weekend???? then for a bullet cam
Old 07-Jan-2005, 20:42
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
Quote:
Originally posted by bradders
dv in/out
No good mate. It needs to have analogue in so make sure you check
Old 08-Jan-2005, 03:00
Big Twin

If it's the Canon MV730i then it's the next one up from mine (MV630i) and has AV in using a special cable (supplied in the box)

Dixon's are currently doing that at £299.00.
Old 08-Jan-2005, 16:24
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_S
If it's the Canon MV730i then it's the next one up from mine (MV630i) and has AV in using a special cable (supplied in the box)

Dixon's are currently doing that at £299.00.

theres also the cannon MV700 - think this will work aswell...???
Old 08-Jan-2005, 16:36
DSC Club Rep
Big Twin
Bikes: 848

Bradders - make sure whatever you buy has AV IN for it to accept the cables from the bullet cam (as they're analogue signals).

Also, I manage to get my Panasonic camera under the seat of my BP fine, and theres no prob with heat/vibration etc.

Let me know if you need any help,
J--
Old 08-Jan-2005, 22:55
Big Twin

Paul,

If you want to borrow a bullet to try it in the shop, let me know and you can pop round and borrow one. Although it'll have to be picked up this week as I'm off to Florida for a week on Sat morning.
Old 09-Jan-2005, 18:01
MotoGP God

well - got the cam so just to try a bullet....
Old 09-Jan-2005, 20:38
Big Twin

pop round mon / tues if you want to borrow mine then.
Old 10-Jan-2005, 12:24
MotoGP God

cool - thanks Jas, I'll try and pop round on way home 2night.
Paul