Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-May-2005, 12:39
Montjuic

Front brakes seized.....12mth service-urgent advice needed.

Just off the phone with my dealer regarding the cost of my 12mth service. As some of you may have read, like Twinfan, I had my front brakes seize several weeks ago. However, I was much luckier in that I didn't come off which was pure luck and not any skill for my part. Anyway, to the facts: owned the bike from new for 12mths. So far, with an ECU replacement and the brakes, the bike's been at the dealers far just over 4 weeks. As a result of the brake seizure I suffered a trapped nerve in my back (which was bloody agony), which led to sciatica which hasn't gone away. So I suggested to Ducati UK in the form of Peter Brooking that acceptable compensation would be the first year service free. Dealer has informed me that they've given me 20% discount on all replacement parts and 2 1/2 hrs of the man hours spent getting it ready - so instead of it being £450 it's now going to be about £250.

My question is; what do you think. Should I accept this discount, or follow it up with a phone call to Peter? I don't want to appear churlish if this seems like a fair offer, but by the same token, I don't want to have my eye wiped - so to speak. I'm picking the bike up this afternoon, and I really just want to move on with it and forget about the brakes and all that kinda stuff.

Is £200 pounds a reward for nearly being wiped out?

Thanks.

Before I go, I just wanted to say that i'm not having a go at my dealers, in my opinion they've been first class.
Old 10-May-2005, 12:42
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
I guess it's up to you mate. You can't really claim for something that 'nearly' happened, so I'd be looking at it this way:

Is £200 fair compensation for your trapped nerve?
Old 10-May-2005, 20:20
Mille

Mood: On the mend!
Quote:
I guess it's up to you mate. You can't really claim for something that 'nearly' happened, so I'd be looking at it this way:

Is £200 fair compensation for your trapped nerve?

I agree.

It's more than I was offered by the Aprilia dealers. So I jumped ship out of spite.