Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-May-2005, 20:54

Front Mudguard Extension

Having just ridden my bike for the first time in proper heavy rain, on muddy roads, I have just realised that the front mudguard is short to say the least at the back. This results, for me at least, in muddy water spraying through the headstock area up and straight into my face..and over the tank etc.

It was only when this happened that I noticed the lack of length to the back of the front mudguard. I know this shoulds naff, and like something a beardy weirdy would put on a Triumph Trophy or Pan European but is it possible to get an extension for the front mudguard, because from my experience it doesn't appear to guard against mud very well !! Or is it possible to get a longer mudguard rather than the very short standard one?

Any solutions to this issue...or is it just me??
Old 02-May-2005, 21:34

i have to agree with you. The rain comes up through the head stock and triple clamp and hits you under the chin. If you look at the plastic where the key fits it like a collection point for grit and crap thats been flying up of the front wheel.
Does any one make a neat unobtrusive little carbon fibre extension ???
Old 02-May-2005, 22:00
500SD

Mood: happy
Yes, when is a mud guard not a mud guard? when its on a 749,999.