Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 29-Jan-2006, 23:09
500SD

Mood: ready to race
Ducati Factory

Finly took the plung and visited the goog old ducati factory myself ,trudi,dallas and his partner nicky . we flew out early thursday morning arrived about eleven there time ,one hour infront of us found our hotel , we checked in and had wonder down to the local shops and just chilled for the rest of the day to get ready for the big day ahead on friday . we got a taxi friday morning to the factory ,got there at ten an hour to early ,not bad as the taxi driver got lost and couldent find it , not bad as he was a local ,still went and a coffe or two and then went in for the tour , well worth waiting for it was just amasing wondering around seing all the multis and monsters being built and the 999 of course it was just brilliant ,the werkers are just so laid back we had a good look around and chat to people as best we could a slight languge problem but we sort of under stood each other . then finaly we into the museum to cap it all of it was just the best day out ever i dident wont to leave we just wonderd about until every one else semed to have gone so we left . we spent saterday just chilling wondering around the shops (TO KEEP THE LADYS HAPPY) Then flew home saterday everning wot a great couple a three days
Old 29-Jan-2006, 23:11
Big Twin

Come on then Kev...what did YOU buy!
Old 29-Jan-2006, 23:15
500SD

couldent aford anything after the trip but i did bye a t shirt or two in fact about six realy and they werte an arm and three legs
Old 29-Jan-2006, 23:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
What time do they open in the morning and was the taxi fare cheap? One of my work colleagues is going in half term and wants to know a bit about the tour!...Is there much around there to amuse the kids? Any good restaurants to recomend?
Lx
Old 30-Jan-2006, 09:39
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Sounds like you had a good time Kev - I hope Trudi spent some dosh in the shops on the Sat tho!

C
Old 01-Feb-2006, 23:34
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by kwikbitch
What time do they open in the morning and was the taxi fare cheap? One of my work colleagues is going in half term and wants to know a bit about the tour!...Is there much around there to amuse the kids? Any good restaurants to recomend?
Lx
The factory opens at eleven o clock and the taxis are dear cost us 40 uros from our hotel to the factoryas far as resterants go every where you go the food is great and so are the people. the tour is great they show from start to finish on building the bike , your walking through the factory were its happerning brilliant as far as things for kids bolonga is a industrial area some shops dident see enything for kids to do , but as we dident have any with us we wasent realy looking so there may be ?
Old 01-Feb-2006, 23:38
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by AK and CK
Sounds like you had a good time Kev - I hope Trudi spent some dosh in the shops on the Sat tho!

C
nope but i did say she could but apparently i spent it all friday in the ducati shop oops
Old 02-Feb-2006, 00:01
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Glad you enjoyed it senna! did you go in the little Bar at the end of the road?
The Bar where they collect Coca cola tins from all over the world!

Top Bella in there
Old 02-Feb-2006, 00:11
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Senna3
nope but i did say she could but apparently i spent it all friday in the ducati shop oops

Will we see you out in sparkly new leathers on the grid this year then Kev?

You didn't place any sneaky orders while you were there did you? Go on, I won't tell
Old 02-Feb-2006, 14:04
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by madmav
Glad you enjoyed it senna! did you go in the little Bar at the end of the road?
The Bar where they collect Coca cola tins from all over the world!

Top Bella in there
yes we went in had excellent food and drinks only thing they dident understand english it was hard to make them understand wot we wanted but it was a top gaff