Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 23-Feb-2011, 12:09
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
And as too the price of this event-I have been told by DUK that the main problem is the weekend hire cost of Silverstone-THEY have to pay for their circuit improvements somehow.......................
Oh, one other thing, I believe that the trackdays are being run by CSS.

John

They make me laugh though.

Of the parade laps, they say "We are aiming to break a World Record for the most Ducati on track at one time.... this will be a sight to be seen (and heard!)". But they want expect people to pay £100 for the privilege... Hardly conducive to breaking world records!

And it's a CSS day with training... hence the cost... but then the state "We may not be able to satisfy all requests for Training as limited in numbers to keep Coach to Pupil ratio favourable"

So is it CSS training, or just an expensive trackday? Find out on the weekend I guess....

Oh, and if you trailer/van your bike to the circuit, you're going to have to unload and then move your van/trailer to another parking area... despite Silverstone having a giant paddock...

Martin
Old 23-Feb-2011, 12:27
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Some schmuck at DUK must be having a bad week me thinks. I like CSS days, and plan to do level 3 and 4 this year. The ducati event looked ok to me because it involved CSS levels. However, if the format is being changed and normal CSS ratios altered to suit HUGE groups, sod it. DUK are firing blanks.
Old 23-Feb-2011, 13:25
Mille

I can understand where the 495 comes from if the CSS training is taken into account but they should have enough spaces to instruct everybody or have two price structures. I have done levels 1-3 so not sure I really want to do level 4 on the Saturday.
Two weekend TD at Silverstone should be in the region of #320 not the 495 quoted.
Old 23-Feb-2011, 14:15
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
re Silverstone being expensive, sure it is up there with the most in the Uk, but against £120k income (excluding the 30k spectators at this exclusive event at £50 a pop ) I cant see it being much more than £70k all in rental, as most TD companies manage with sub £200 and 130 places in a day...so thats a fairly expensive set of instructors, and the buffet must be from Harrods

seems a common view on the forums tho; DUK have missed the mark on what could have been a WDW type event, and not by charging £500 - sure they will fill the spaces - but by charging just to grace the concrete outside. Really hope they change this and make it a free to enter event, or at worst a tenner which includes some lunch or something. Then we can all stop moaning and just go and laugh* at those who paid the big bucks

*joke - obviously
Old 23-Feb-2011, 14:19
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
wonder what CSS will be riding? Ducati day so not Yahamas I'd hope.
Old 23-Feb-2011, 14:23
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Judging by the list of people on DuN who are doing the event I think this could sell out really quick....

There are 3 on that list.....
Old 23-Feb-2011, 14:55
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
I think once dealers start informing DUK on numbers of their customers who have booked the event that DUK will then see they may have been over optimistic in their pricing, while everyone seems to be of the same attitude concerning the price can we have a show of hands of anyone who is actulay going to the event ? either for the full 2 days or the £50 quid walk round.

No need to ask if any one is paying £100 to parade round behind safety cars, as there cant be anyone willing to part with £100 quid for that, or is there !
Old 23-Feb-2011, 15:34
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
I shall be going. I contacted Silverstone direct for a litter clearance job over that weekend. There may well be a huge amont of tumble weed to collect and they where grateful of my diligence towards Ducati Multipoodle and Dribble virgin owners. There are still vacancies available in litter clearance, crowd control and parking assistance .

Reverse ticket touts are believed to have earmarked the weekend too. They will be mugging innocent punters in Banbury and giving them 50 quid to attend and go ooooer aaargh as the bikes whiz past.
Old 04-Mar-2011, 00:40
Mille

According to the latest from the dealers places are selling fast so get in before they are all gone. The press release about the CSS training on day one makes interesting reading.
Old 04-Mar-2011, 09:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrown
Two weekend TD at Silverstone should be in the region of #320 not the 495 quoted.

As I mentioned earlier I could book two Bank Holiday Mondays on the Arena circuit for around £320 to £330

And as thats the main circuit I want to ride at Silverstone this year I may just book one of them

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook