Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 02-Aug-2006, 10:45
500SD

Mood: What's going on??
Domski

never met you but enjoy your input into this Club whether it be organising your DD events or maybe taking the mickey now and then........stay on bud and don't be ground down!
Neil
Old 02-Aug-2006, 11:09
Ducati Corse

Thumbs up With respect Chris ...

Quote:
Two sides to every story and I'm not taking either.....

Dom has made a number of significant contributions and so have all the members of the RC over the last two years. WELL DONE ALL.

If anyone would like to contribute positively to the series then please offer your services.

It's easy to sit back and criticise people who have, in the past, currently and in the future, demonstrated a positive contribution to make to what is a great series.

I would not be racing and will not race without the DSC or DD.

IMHO

Yes there are two side and we're waiting to hear what the RC/MT has to say to Dom's complaint.

Yes - everyone has contributed to greater or lesser extent - that's not the point here.

Dom has got off his ass and done a lot to promote DD and to support both the club and the series so he has offered his services and now feels unvalued and rebuffed. I don't believe anyone is being criticised however Dom is clearly upset at the way he feels he's been treated.

I wouldn't be a race sponsor if it wasn't for DD or the DSC.

A problem doesn't go away just because it's ignored - it will rumble on and resurface each time there are further issues. Time this was sorted.

IMHO
Old 02-Aug-2006, 11:16
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Sorted maybe..??...dom seems quite happy about it now..see other thread........

and sorted it may well be .. just not on a public forum.?.......where it will acheive nothing...!!

im not supporting either side just dont see the point of thrashing it out in public view.........just gives fuel to the trouble makers................and that does nothing to support the DD ..!!..........

I mean please " can everyone just get along ".................if not just go racing.?
Old 02-Aug-2006, 11:28
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
As an interested spectator and DSC club member it is seems clear that Domski is an enthusiastic support and competitor in DD but the other side of that is the "Super model girlfriend" levels of maintenance that come with that.

Yes Domski does add something to the series but at what cost to those that are expected to do the maintenance?

Think on

Ray.
Old 02-Aug-2006, 11:44
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.

I love that club, it reminds me France... people are people
Old 02-Aug-2006, 17:32
Ducati Corse

Dom you have done a great pr job way beyond what anyone would have thought for the series.
Instead of the mentioned emails or pms going behind the scenes maybe the club should be patting you on the back for all this, I will anyway
We need to move forward and maybe the RC could offer olive branch and you can all 3 (you for the dd pr stuff, with Paul & Monty doing their bits) & work together with the rider reps to look ahead for next year.

if not, you can take your sorry backside and scarper
Old 02-Aug-2006, 18:52
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Angry

I think that is an incredible shame, actually Dom. It's the DD site that I always go to for information, as a fan, and there's absolutely nowhere else to get it. The PRONTO is always months behind the actual events and no other information is disseminated about the racing in a way that ordinary mortals like me (i.e. not a DD racer) has access to.

Don't let them grind you down, though. They should be apologising to you.

(keep an eye on my 'member's logo' on here - I'm expecting it to be removed momentarily)

Looking forward to supporting all the DD riders at Donington
Old 02-Aug-2006, 21:01
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dseered
I just get the impression that politics rule the roost and its the riders that get shafted.

That's pretty much the case with racing at all levels. Put it this way - the ACU and other organisations including circuits and quite a few clubs don't give a damn about racers....we manage to race inspite of them.
Old 02-Aug-2006, 21:16
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
time for me to leave?

NO