Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 11-Jul-2005, 22:06
Mille

Mood: In The
Assen WSB

I'm going to Assen WSB this year, something I've been wanting to do for ages but because of work have never been able to.
Does anybody who's been before have any advice please?
I'll be driving by car, and hopefully camping the night before.
Tickets in advance direct from the circuit?
Best spectator view?
I've also not driven abroad before. Anything legal to worry about?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Old 11-Jul-2005, 23:01
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Assen - been several times, never done camping there though, I've always stayed in Groningen (about 20 mins away) which is a big city, plenty of night-life. Assen is in the middle of nowhere so there won't be much going on.

Roads are very good, and on the first few trips I did on the bikes you could go as fast as the bike could carry you, although of late the roads like any have more police, so don't go ballistic and you'll be fine.

Tickets, just turn up on the day, WSB isn't anywhere near as big as the GP turnout, only problem with Assen is the weather, if it's going to rain go for the right hand side of the start/finish grandtsnad (next to the chicane) viewing is OK from there you get to see a few turns as they approach the chicane and there's a big screen directly opposite for what you don't see. If it's sunny I prefer towards the end of the start/finish straight into turn one, you are pretty close and the track comes back on itself, so you get a 2nd bite of the cherry and again you can see the big screen. If you're going for the grandstand you'll probably have to buy before hand, if you're camping etc (presumably at the circuit) you should be able to buy these before the race day for a couple of Euros

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit