Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 08-Nov-2006, 20:58

hotels in spain

Hi, Can anybody please advise me of a nice hotel to stay in on a motorbike trip that I'm organising to the Pyrenees please. Ozzy
Old 08-Nov-2006, 21:07
Dibble

you'll need to be more specific as the Pyrenees stretch from east to west ... if you are going to Bilbao then along the Pyrenees to Andorra theres no need to pre-book, loads of places to stay en-route, we did it a few years ago ...
Old 08-Nov-2006, 22:13
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Best thing I can advise is purchase one of the books you can buy on the ferry. There are hundreds of B&B's scatered all over the Pyrenees,mostly old monisteries,steeped in history and at reasonable costs,cheaper than hotels at least. Just ring up and book a room, most do evening meals as well. I went across to Bilbao then headed to Pamplona and Jaca some great riding to behad. 4D
Old 08-Nov-2006, 22:18
Dibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordie
Best thing I can advise is purchase one of the books you can buy on the ferry. There are hundreds of B&B's scatered all over the Pyrenees,mostly old monisteries,steeped in history and at reasonable costs,cheaper than hotels at least. Just ring up and book a room, most do evening meals as well. I went across to Bilbao then headed to Pamplona and Jaca some great riding to behad. 4D

oh indeed, except we failed to check pour calander and got to Pamplona on bull run day, 110 degrees and nowhere to get lunch a it was all mobbed ... lol
Old 08-Nov-2006, 22:24
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
I think a little Preperation and Planning helps Pietro, that was one thing that crossed my mind when heading down that way.Not one for tourist attractions on a biking trip to Spain Those roads are all the attraction I need. Love to do it again some time .4D
Old 08-Nov-2006, 23:30
Big Twin

Mood: 748ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBBLE
you'll need to be more specific as the Pyrenees stretch from east to west ... if you are going to Bilbao then along the Pyrenees to Andorra theres no need to pre-book, loads of places to stay en-route, we did it a few years ago ...

I did it last year I paid £25 P/N for a 3* Hotel but the roads and scenery are to die for, well not literally. If you go far enough east the road from Barcelona to Andorra is incredible
Old 09-Nov-2006, 12:05
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
I know a great place in Andorra, ran by an English lady, very bike friendly, decent food and decent bars/night club close by.

Its in Arinsal about 6kms out of Andorra le Vella, (the main town) which is not as nice anyway.

Its reasonably priced but the details are at home so will dig them out.
Old 09-Nov-2006, 14:31
500SD
Bikes: 848 EVO & Multi 1000ds

Mood: When's the sun coming out
Did the Bilboa to Barcelona trip via the Pyrennes this year, Some very good roads up there. Did most off the trip staying with Eurocamp (for cheapness), Theres one in Luz Saint Sauver, also plenty of hotels around the area.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit