Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 13-Jun-2003, 09:52
Big Twin

oil light

Having done a search on the sites boards on this subject, many of you have indicated common faulty switches being common. but are there any other eplanation in my case.

I have experiance this on my 2001 996s & my 1999 996 while doing trackdays, no problems until there is an uninterupted session, allowing a full 20 mins of abuse, in both cases on separate occaisions the oil light came on intermittently during the seeion causing me to end the session a few laps early, the latter on the 996 the light was flickering while ticking over on the way into the pits.
on both occiasions the bike had recieved an oil and filter change before the trackdays, so oil quality is not an issue( at lest i dont think so, the bike had used a small amount of oil but not much during each trackday.
i have considered the posibility of the switch being the cause, but the 996s has done about a 1k since and I would have expected from the info in previous threads for it to have failed by now if it was gonna.
could this be caused by the oil getting too hot, what possible remidy is there, it feels very diffcualt to just ignoor it.

your help and thoughts please