Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Nov-2004, 23:01
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
So what are you actually having done to it Mort?

Darren
Old 04-Nov-2004, 16:41

Mood: ..runnin on fumes....
yeah Jon

welcome aboard..nice tidy set o wheels there man... good one

Cheers

Dano
Old 04-Nov-2004, 20:30
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
Darren
The testarossi heads, barrels bored to 944, hi comp pizzie thingies, all gas flowed I guess and the chip reworked to match the heads etc big valves and all that stuff, oh and st2 cams (dont ask me why, but the book says its much better?!?!
Nelly got all the tekky details, but just to say it should go like **** orft a blurdy big shuvvel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well thats wot I hope for so we just got to wait for the barrels and heads to get back from sunny Canada, maybe never fit em, just drool over em for a month or so
BTW anyone want a set of 900 barrels, hi comp pistons and heads for an SSie, along wiff anything else that gets taken off in the surgery in mid december...going cheapish soon,
rgds
mort
Old 04-Nov-2004, 21:00
500SD

Wow.... It's gonna be a bit quick once you've had that little lot done. Shame the head colour's gonna clash with the bike colour....

Darren
Old 11-Nov-2004, 22:33
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
oh well, we all have our crosses to bear, Red in blooo duke wont be tooo bad, at least its not yella
rgds
mort
Old 12-Nov-2004, 12:41
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
Sounds awesome Mort!

Maybe you will end up with the world's first "Testablu"?!
Old 12-Nov-2004, 17:41
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Don't want to pee on the testarossa fireworks but $2320 seems like an awful lot of money for that cylinder head work. Even at today's very favourable exchange rates that's about £1260.

You could have similar work done by Mez Porting in Newport Pagnell, mere yards from the DSC's spiritual headquarters and AGM venue in Chicheley. They use a proper flow bench for their porting work (so it's not just guesswork) and you can get the heads gas flowed for a mere £260 the pair !!! If you want to go the whole hog, and get big valves to a size of your choice, then along with new guides it comes to a whopping £480 for the headwork plus £130 for the new valves. So that's £630 all told then (which is, spookily, half the price of the US job). I can't imagine that it would only be half as good, since I originally got the link from Skidlids (I think) who rated them highly.

Link is Here

Hmmmm....just had a thought. They seem to do a lot of porting work for Aston Martin's, and Aston Martin are based in Newport Pagnell as well...An ex Aston engineer from the days when they used to have top craftsmen building their engines maybe?

[Edited on 12-11-2004 by Jools]
Old 12-Nov-2004, 19:58
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Yep - Used Mez porting myself many moons ago - top knob !!!

He did a port and twin plug conversion for me - very happy bunny

Frank
Old 12-Nov-2004, 21:01
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by Iconic944ss
He did a port and twin plug conversion for me

On?
Old 13-Nov-2004, 01:37
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
I've heard good things about Mez to, but the Testarossa kit is "more" than just a porting job.
As well as gas flowing and big valves, there's new guides and seats, MBP collet systems for the shims, modified inlet manifolds, new FIM ECU program and new cam bearing covers and oil lines to improve the oil feed to the heads.
MBP's bikes have been running rings around 748's and chasing down 916's in the races. This is one well put together "package" that makes the most of that lovely 2V grunt, that I for one miss on a 4V albeit 748.
Yes, it's not the cheapest work around, but along with a bore change this little lot has been pumping out serious BHP and torque for a whole race season in the US and Canada, with no work at all needed to the engine.
That can only mean solid realiability on the road/track day which is after all what most of us need day in day out.
One things for sure, BlooDuke will be getting a new lease of life akin to dropping a few tabs' in the tank, and Mort will have one special bike, which at the end of the day is what his goal is