Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Mar-2011, 19:48
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz
I would think most of them!
The tyres you have this year are far better than anything in the past

Providing you have dry races.

the tyres last year were rubbish, but in 2009 they were brilliant, many people (I never tried them) said that in 2008 the Z rated diablo's were even better, leading lots of people to complain about the H rated diablo's, in 2011 we have H rated Dunlops, which seem pretty good so far, but I'm sure many people will complain about them also?

I'm not sure that I would say that the 2011 tyres are better than anything used before, they are definately better than the 2010 tyres but as I said I felt that the 2009 tyres were brilliant also, who knows.

I'd like to think, (not wanting to sound too big headed) that on the H rated diablo's on my class B bike last year, (what the hell, I do want to sound big headed) I could have had a record or two. I know that on a good day I can better the Brands time.

I'm glad that it's not my job to have to make the decisions of what tyre to use

2011 will be Awesome! (what ever happens)
Old 08-Mar-2011, 19:58
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

You weren't far off the Class B time last year on the worst tyres of the bunch. I'm sure with a slightly better tyre you probably would have managed it. For what it is worth I went round Brands today 3s faster than my fastest time last year... but that is a combination of the weather, a better bike, and the tyres. I am not sure how much difference the tyres made, but they didn't feel half as sketchy as the Pirelli's.
Old 14-Mar-2011, 11:37
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Your right Harriet

I have
Brands Indy 583 Lap Record Dominic Clegg - 0:57.87 2008
Oulton Park 583 Lap Record Sam West - 2:02.44 2009
I have updated these on the Wiki page now. Gutted for Kev P. His 57.900 was only 0.03s off of the record!!!

I also changed the Control tyre on the Wiki page and added the 18 lap race records (overly keen because one of them is mine!!)