Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 20-Apr-2004, 11:18
Mille

excessive pie eating?

I had an rather unsettling experience last week and wonder if anyone has had a similar experience. After a reasonabley gentle downhill ride at leith hill over easter I took my mountain bike out on thursday as part of my fitmness/weight loss regime. I had only travelled about half a mile when the saddle suddenly dropped and twisted, I stopped and the upper bracket that secures the saddle post to the frame had sheared off the rear of the frame.
the bike is a GT4.0 I-drive and the shop who sold it had never heard of this happening before. The saddle post was secured in the lower locating sleeve and I could see no reason for the failure.
Annette suggests that its the pies, seriously has anyone heard of a similar failure.

dave
Old 20-Apr-2004, 12:49
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Dave, if it's the clamp that goes round the Seat tube to clamp the seatpost in place then it may just have been overtightened. Not positive but I think they're replaceable on your bike.
Old 20-Apr-2004, 12:59
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

New one on me but have a look around this cool site anyway Dave....hope you didnt damage your...erm.....'pride' BTW !!!

http://www.bikemagic.com

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit