Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Aug-2005, 22:18

Mood: desperately seeking ...summer
best hugger...!

Hi there,
well, picked up the 749 today [hurray] and said goodbye to the 750ss. Had arranged to have the Ducati hugger fittted but it really did'nt very well! Had the same problem on the ss. Anyway got it taken off and got to find a replacement. How do the Casoli Moto ones fit and if you get the short version does it do anything or is it better to get the other? Thanks all you helpful folks
Hamish
Old 19-Aug-2005, 22:21
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Check out QB carbon. Full hugger that gives 100% protection to rear shock etc. Carbon one looks great with a corse stripe down it.

http://www.worldofqbcarbon.com/welcome/welcome.htm
Old 19-Aug-2005, 22:58
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Which model year bike is it?
Does it have the deep swingarm,or the cast item?
I had the Casoli version on my '02 bike,and it fitted very well.The QB huggers fit very close to the rear tyre and can touch when the tyre warms up and expands.(I think they were designed for the 190 shod 999)
I have the Casoli hugger on my '05 bike and had to fit a couple of spacers on the rear fixing,again to avoid touching the rear tyre.Looks great tho...
Old 20-Aug-2005, 07:39
Mille

congrats! my last road bike was a 600ss and i got my 749 (old type) a few weeks ago...they are a world apart!
i have the large casoli hugger + chain guard fitted (by previous owner) with 2 bolts in front of the wheel. fits and looks good
Old 20-Aug-2005, 07:56
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Quote:
'05 bike and had to fit a couple of spacers on the rear fixing,again to avoid touching the rear tyre.Looks great tho...

Must be a common thing, i had to have two spacers fitted to my 04 999R to avoid it touching the back wheel.

[Edited on 20-8-2005 by Bionicle]
Old 20-Aug-2005, 08:08
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Ive got a Tech Moto one fits fine without any problems and looks great.
Old 20-Aug-2005, 08:19

Mood: desperately seeking ...summer
Thanks guys. Yeah it's an '05 model and I was wondering if those Casoli and that Q8 one were for a previous m/y swingarm - guess I'll have to get on to them. Gotta get it sorted 'cos after a sunshine and showers ride home she was pretty dirty...
Old 20-Aug-2005, 11:36
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Mine is the QB one, infact my bike (and their own 999s) were used to develop the carbon range that QB now sell.

Mine fits fine without spacers and does not catch the tyre at all. The only mod I've done is to use a small bolt and nyloc to fix it to the original plastic chain guard rather than the velcro they suplied.

This is on the early swing arm.
Old 21-Aug-2005, 20:44
Big Twin

The Casoli hugger for the new swinging arm is an exact copy of the Ducati Performance one, I mean exact because they lent my DP hugger to make the mould and it is my bike that they are using for the picture !!

Both myself and my brother have the same hugger and they are a right pig to get lined up properly, the holes having to be elongated a bit for it to lie straight.
Old 24-Aug-2005, 13:20
Mille

y oh y did I not see this page before I bought my rear hugger from pyramid.
it was crap, did not fit, it stood up to much and was going to hit the exhaust so I built it up with fiber glass but now it hits the resevoir from the shock. I could of sent it back but I would of had to wait for another 3 weeks and patience aint my best virtue. the only go point of pyramid is the price but I would advise you to go else where.