Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Gearing (/showthread.php?t=274156)

Madness 08-Dec-2013 17:01

Gearing

I'm going to fit a new chain and sprockets to my 620, I understand to get the most out of the Ducati the gearing has to be spot on.
Before the season starts I'm not going to be out much testing so any pointers to what gearing works where would be a real help:)

dunlop0_1 08-Dec-2013 17:59

5 speed 14/46
6 speed 15/46

:)

Madness 08-Dec-2013 18:30

Thanks for the info, is that what your need for all tracks? I was thinking you would need to change it throughout the season at different circuits .
Has anyone got any information on internal gear ratios please

skidlids 08-Dec-2013 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madness
Thanks for the info, is that what your need for all tracks? I was thinking you would need to change it throughout the season at different circuits .
Has anyone got any information on internal gear ratios please

Neil won the Class A championship a couple of years ago so knows what he's talking about

as for gearing chartsthere should be a couple of my spreadsheets about on the site

dunlop0_1 08-Dec-2013 19:03

Without telling you how to suck eggs. Please don't get to involved in gearing etc as in my opinion you don't stand to gain/loose much anyway. Some people do change gearing for different circuits but it never bothered me.

Check out Kev's gearing chart it's very good.

:)

Madness 08-Dec-2013 19:11

Ok that's great, I'll get a chain and them sprockets and see how it goes.
Thanks for the advice, I'll take a look on the site for the charts :)

Spjallen 11-Dec-2013 08:26

I messed about in the first year changing front and rear sprockets all the time and it was a total waste of time. Find a setup that works then use it - ie use Neils!

coppersaucepipe 11-Dec-2013 17:56

I run 15 48 because last time I tried, I couldn't budge the front sprocket to swap it for a 14.

milesaway 11-Dec-2013 20:30

gearing commander

this is a good site that if you put in make model year etc will give speeds at any gear/revs at standard gearing and also any front/rear sprocket combo you enter- gives good idea what any changes will do what once you have a starting point- -

i got small select of 2fronts + 3rears and made table of each combo at just below red line so from here so could quickly see difference they all make
link below;

http://www.gearingcommander.com/