Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Dec-2004, 17:00
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
New S2R and S4R

Just seen the new S2r in red with white wheels looks really nice and for £5995 on the road real cheap to.

The S4r in red and white looks even better be a biatch to keep the white wheels clean but looks awesome not cheap at £8300 but has all the good bits on it already.

HHHmmmmm I feeel a swap coming on later next year maybe
Old 30-Dec-2004, 17:39
500SD

Its atough decision which model. I wanted an s4r but bought a bargain 18 month old s4 for 4k less than s4r. It goes like stink.The s4r is the dogs b's but you will spend i'm sure another 2k on cans,and dampers and carbon etc. The s2r isnt all its made out to be. They have cut corners on no 4pot brakes and smaller discs .Forks and rear shock are not fully adjustable. But it does look the part.And the clutch is wet so no noisey open clutch. It is a great all rounder and very good value.Still waiting for feedback from two people on ukmoc who have just bought the first ones in the country.
Old 23-Jan-2005, 22:43

Mood: merry
me

That will be me A. I love it, handles well and looks so so sexy, never rode an s4r so cant say the say but oh the looks.
Old 23-Jan-2005, 22:55
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
If you take a peek at Ride magazine this month there's a test on the S2R with a familiar face to some.
The guest tester is Celeste, aka Queen Gravelpants.
She ain't happy with the down specced brakes & suspension though......
Andy
Old 23-Jan-2005, 23:30
Big Twin

Thanks rushjob will have to take a look at that, i love the brakes and forks on my 748s so may have to for the S4r if they are that bad on the S2r,

If one of our members ain't happy with them that can't be good
Old 23-Jan-2005, 23:48
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
They've down specced the calipers to 2 piston jobbies and the forks are non adjustable.
To be honest, ifgoing for the S2R, I'd consider getting the supplying dealer to source a pair of 4 pad calipers ( at cost or less of course! ) as part of the deal thus protecting your warranty nad giving you the brakes you're used to!
Celeste is using her 900s monster as a benchmark which I think is a fair comparison.
Old 23-Jan-2005, 23:55
500SD

The brakes are obviously good enough but I and most feel they are downgraded spec and for a supposed 'R' model meaning Race I presume is not what would be expected for top range 800. And standard shocks well are adeqate but thats it. Dressed up and thats it. Still a good bike for the money bur some will be dissapointed.
Old 23-Jan-2005, 23:59
Big Twin

True Albie I see what your saying had similar 2 pot sliding calipers on my hornet 600 and they were ok but the feel is no where near as good as 4 pot brembos or the power of them, braided hoses will help on the s2r.

I think maybe they have made it a little to cheap, say 7k with more adjustable suspension and the 4 pots be more worth it