Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Jan-2005, 20:58
Mille

termingoni

I got a set of these of e-bay for my ST2. Can I fit them to the bike without a performance chip ? i.e. I know they will lean out the fueling so is there enough adjustment in the trim pot to compensate ?
I do intend to get a FIM chip later but would like to fit the pipes now.
Also where is the best place to get a 14 tooth front sprocket from for the same bike ?

Thanks
Old 03-Jan-2005, 21:05
Ducati Corse

Yes you can fit them without the chip but for £30 or so for a JHP one you might as well do the job right! I suppose there is a possibilty the bike might run dangerously lean without the right chip in but my bike ran for at least two years before i got it with the wrong chip in and hasn't suffered. A JHP chip and Nellys superb set up smoothed the whole thing out though and get rid of a bit of a flat spot.

The trim pot only sets the idle CO.

As regards the ST2 specifically, Rushjob has more experience of modding one of those than i do.
Old 03-Jan-2005, 22:39
Mille

I hear a lot about JHP but who are they ? And where can you buy them ? £30 seems a lot cheaper than £125 for a FIM chip from Sigma !
As regards the CO trim, I had been experincing slight "missing" around 3000 rpm, the trim pot was found just lean of centre so I set it to the mid point today and found the missing almost gone. Perhaps a slight richening may completly rmove it, I,ll try next week . I dont have a CO meter at the moment so am not sure the percentage. I am lead to believe the trim pot will have an effect across the rev range, but less so at the highter rpm ?
Allways glad for technical advice, cheers.
Old 04-Jan-2005, 13:44
Montjuic

Mood: Anticipation
JHP is John Hackett Performance...Otherwise known as Ducati Coventry.
Their phone No is 02476 335300. Not sure of the web address, but I'm sure you can find it from the main Ducati.com site.
The do give 10% off for DSC members
Old 04-Jan-2005, 17:20
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris ST4
JHP is John Hackett Performance...Otherwise known as Ducati Coventry.
Their phone No is 02476 335300. Not sure of the web address, but I'm sure you can find it from the main Ducati.com site.
The do give 10% off for DSC members

Ducati Coventry.... Otherwise known as JHP