Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 07-Jan-2005, 16:03
Mille

Service

Member to the Essex region and also a new Ducati owner, looking to get a service done with belts and a company called casoli are offering a full belt service for £220 + vat, has anybody else used them? and if so any good? as the price seems a bit to good to be true!!

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-Jan-2005, 16:06
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Crapoli did you say?
Old 07-Jan-2005, 16:06
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
don't know Casoli personally, I am sure someone will help on that, but service costs depends on which service, which bike etc.

Provide a bit more detail to see if its a good deal...

btw...welcome to dsc
Old 07-Jan-2005, 16:17
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
welcome matey

what's the bike, 2 valve - 4 valve engine.

does seem a bit cheap for a belt service though even if it's a 2 valve engine, unless it's the basic service + belts.

when mine (900ss) has belts it adds about £70 to the service cost (belts & labour)

[Edited on 7-1-2005 by STEVE M]
Old 07-Jan-2005, 16:50
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
The price seems about right - belts aren't that expensive themselves it's just the time it takes to fit them that costs.

As for comparisons....

There's TecMoto on the A12 just inside the M25 - they now have the same mechanic from Ron Parkinsons from what I understand.

There was also posts that Bob Hills over in Hertford would no longer be an official dealer from end of last month.

Have a search through the board (link on top left of each message board page under the logo) for more thoughts on it.
Old 08-Jan-2005, 10:15
Big Twin

Mood: happy
antonye, I went to casoli a couple of times, last visit was to have Brembo brake and clutch master cylinders fitted. went to pick the bike up and found that they had sold my seat to someone as they were out of stock, they then put a suede seat on. dave said he thought i would like it. What a T***er.
got him to change it. when home i found all the bolts holding the brake and clutch were loose, you could spin the levers round. The guy who done the work isnt a qualified mechanic, neither is i think the older guy there. Dave had the cheek to say, hope this doesnt stop you comming down here adam. F****ng right it does. Bye.
Old 08-Jan-2005, 11:32
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by adam
...I went to casoli a couple of times... went to pick the bike up and found that they had sold my seat to someone as they were out of stock....

That has to be the biggest cheek I have ever heard of!
Old 08-Jan-2005, 16:40
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Andyc

In a lot of ways we (as club members) are very lucky in having some very good dealers who care about their reputations and who therefore offer good service and are recomended by club members. Just look through the various threads on this web site and before long you will realise who are the good dealers and who are the rip off merchants just out for a quick buck.

BTW welcome to the club there not a bad bunch really!

Regards
Bob.G
Old 10-Jan-2005, 18:24
Mille

Thanks for the views and advice, in awnser to a couple of the replies my bike is a 2000 model 748s which has covered around 5 k, its last service was around 3 k 2 years ago and i have been advised to change the belts because of the time lapse rather than miles covered, i also had a quote from Tecmoto who quoted around £500, this included a discount for DSC members, most of the posts are negative which has kind of swayed me, however what does suprise me is that i popped down to there shop and the standard of bikes and work they had done was to me very good, so i am still not 100% as the cost differance is tempting.

Thanks again and i am looking foward to meeting and riding with you all.
Old 10-Jan-2005, 23:07
Mille

Mood: childish
andy, i used tecmoto for my 12,000 ml service last year.
they were VERY thorough. their mechanic spotted & rectified faults before they turned into major problems.

couldnt recomend them enough mate