Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Feb-2005, 21:35
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Paddock space

I don't know if this is a good thing, bad thing, or more likely impossible to arrange, but...

Were we all going to try to park together at race meetings, in a sea of red Ducatiness?

...with maybe a brown splodge (sorry), if my sponsorship deal comes off
Old 17-Feb-2005, 01:43
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
It would be good, not sure how possible this would be though - won't it be pretty manic on race days?
Old 20-Feb-2005, 11:21
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Depends on how popular the meeting is. The Donny mtg is a Superclub round and will be packed.

Getting a decent space is all about getting there early or getting someone to save you a space. People start to turn up on the afternoon before the practice day. You can empty the contents of your van around the paddock to try to save space, but I've seen people just move things. You won't believe how close people get by squeezing into what you were confident was not a space. If you arrive late the night before racing or worse still on the morning of the race, you'll be a long way from the action.

You can book a garage if you're quick when the race entries come out, (not Mallory or Cadwell). You'll be in with other people, but you can get together and state a number of people in one garage. This will give you dry place to work on the bike and power. Remember to get yourself a blue socket for power if you want it your kettle or whatever.

Many racers will have preferred spots like near to race control, scrutineering, the loos, tyreman, pit lane exit, holding area etc and some like to set up in the corner away from the noise and nosey punters. Bring your ear plugs if you are a light sleeper like me, the noise of gennies up until power off at 11.30 is loud, it often goes on well after with some coming back from the pub ****ed and having a 'quiet' party in their caravan etc - some have been known to play guitars and sing until 3.30am, can't think who that was, but I was strangely quick the next day! Then people start arriving in the middle of the night and all of a sudden it's power on at 7.30.

Can't wait

WeeJohnyB
Old 21-Feb-2005, 19:16
Mille

we are thinking of buying a large plastic marquee 4 metres by 8 to cover the patio during the summer to keep the rain off if we get one I could bring it with me and we could use it as an informal meeting point and more importantly beer tent!!

dave
Old 21-Feb-2005, 19:24
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by DAVE HARRIS
we are thinking of buying a large plastic marquee 4 metres by 8 to cover the patio during the summer to keep the rain off if we get one I could bring it with me and we could use it as an informal meeting point and more importantly beer tent!!

dave

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ................... beer tent!

PS - Webteam, we need a drool emoticon.
Old 22-Feb-2005, 09:07
Mille

or even a 6.9m x 5m festival tent from Makro with full side walls c/w big windows

£149.99

it says in the description "ideal for parties"

Old 26-Feb-2005, 19:58
Mille

All New Era meetings seem to be packed these days - you'd need a one man bivvy bag to camp anywhere near scruitneering / holding area from about lunch time the day before racing. Although it's "only" club racing you'd be amazed at the number of transporters, separate maintenance trucks etc. God knows where half of them get the dosh!