Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 24-Feb-2005, 07:57
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
eBay goods damaged in the post

I'm sure there's a straightforward answer to this - bought a race can for a mate off ebay, and it appears to have been damaged in the post - unless the seller just didn't disclose the damage. Question is - if it has been damaged in the post, where do I stand? I'm assuming it's a case of tough luck, just one of those things?
Any advice welcome - want to know where i stand before I go back to the seller and talk to him...

Cheers
Martin
Old 24-Feb-2005, 08:19
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Consumer law was recently revised to clarify this... Sellers are responsible for any item until it gets to your door. If it's damaged, whether in the post or before then it's the sellers responsibility, but you gotta report it asap...
If sent by Parcel Post then the goods will automatically have a £500 insurance, but the seller is the one that claims the cost and needs to report it to the p.o. within a very short time period.

Don't delay, it just opens up the possibilty that you mucked it up yourself and are trying to pull a fast one!
Old 24-Feb-2005, 10:21
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
I think it's only insured if you pay extra or its recorded.
Old 24-Feb-2005, 10:43
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Pop down to your local PO, they will give you a Leaflet with all charges, rates of compensation etc.

Case in mind.

I had a rear sprocket carrier & a sprocket up on ebay last year, a guy one it for around £50 & sent me a cheque, once the cheque had cleared & parceled up the goods & sent them via the PO, for some reason the goods never got to the buyer. After a week or so the buyer contacted me saying the goods had not arrived, I replied with the sending dates plus copies of the proof of posting, this went on for a few weeks. I then filled in the lost in post form, gave all the details, copies of emails, proof of posting, cost of goods etc. The end result was compensation of £30, I sent this to the buyer. The buyer was happy enough to leave positive feedback.
I guess the moral is to make sure the seller covers the cost ofextra insurence in the cost of the postage.

Chris.
Old 24-Feb-2005, 12:41
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quote:
Originally posted by chass
I think it's only insured if you pay extra or its recorded.

True for letter post, but parcel categories are insured for 500 sheets without any extra cost.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit