Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 27-Feb-2005, 11:27

Mood: Happy
Software trouble

>>Subject: Software alert

Dear Technical Support,

18 months ago, I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from Drinking Mates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble.However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and theonly solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several otherapplications, such as LadsNightOut 3.1, Football 4.5, and Playboy 6.9.

Successive versions of GirlFriend proved no better. I tried a shareware program, Slapper 2.1, but it had many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks.Eventually, I tried to run GirlFriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the sametime, only to discover that when these two systems detected each other they caused
severe damage to my hardware.

I eventually upgraded to Fiancee 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded further to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with Free Sex Plus and Cleanhouse 2004.

Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 could be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced month slater when I had forgotten about them.

Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and E-mail filter, and can,without warning, launch TurboStrop and Whinge. These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is.
Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring Shoe Shop Browser for new attachments and Hairstyle Express which needs to be reinstalled every sixth week.

Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Porsche 911 or Mercedes Estate hard drive, it often crashes

Wife 1.0 also comes with an irritating pop-up called MotherInLaw, which can't be turned off.

Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2005, but there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2005, it tends to delete all of Money before
uninstallingitself.

Please advise ASAP!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit