Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 19-Mar-2005, 09:38
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
Big UP for BDG!!

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Shaun (BDG) done me an outstanding job when no others would help.

Managed to buy an old Honda petrol trike over E-bay a week ago for our daughter. However, the problems started when I tried to organise a courier to collect the thing

The usual sources just weren't interested - too big, too heavy, not on a pallet or in a box.

Oh dear.

The trike was 440 miles away from me, so going to collect it was out too.

Needed someone who would take this job on with a bit of common sense ..... Had a wee think about it and remembered our Shaun ran his own courier company.

One phone call later, and Shaun had organised collection of the trike the next day and delivery here this morning. All taken in his stride, nothing was any problem.

Sure enough, at 8 a.m. there was a rattle at the door!

Thanks Shaun, top job fella! The first beer is on me where ever we meet this year!
Old 19-Mar-2005, 10:50
Dibble

well its no surprise as he buys his vans based on whether he fits in them or not .......

did it arrive in an articulated lorry ???

But being serious for a second ..... well done Shaun ... another example of DSC spirit .....
Old 19-Mar-2005, 19:57
500SD

Top fella. Only met him on Italy trip but what a good bloke.
Old 20-Mar-2005, 00:55
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Bloody hell it got there did it, i'm shocked, thats a miracle, makes a change fom being on couriers from hell.

Glad to help out and i hope your daughters got a HUGE smile on her face, then its all worth while.

Wouldn't have done it for you personally, as you sold a 996R for one of those 999 thingys

Classic case of what goes round comes round as only this week Old Yella And Rob have come up trumps for me, and people like 4D have bent over backwards to help a relative stranger like me out.

[Edited on 20-3-2005 by BDG]
Old 20-Mar-2005, 11:31
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
Quote:
Originally posted by BDG
Wouldn't have done it for you personally, as you sold a 996R for one of those 999 thingys

Shaun,

You never saw my 6R when I had my "incident" with it mate - it made my 9r look positively stunning by comparison.

Thanks again mate!

Cheers!

Scott

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit