Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 19-Apr-2005, 12:55
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
back in the saddle - part 1

after reading Zhed's stolen bike report i thought i would post a report of how things turned our for me. LK51ZUC a yellow 748 was stolen within 45 mins of me getting off it, literrally under my nose in January - the usual feelings of anger, disbelief, insecurity and just having worked hard for something - then have it wipped away. Police were no help and made an error in deleting from there system after 24 hours. Insurance company (Carole Nash/Equity red star) were efficient and business like - they referred it to a loss adjustment company who i then had to have a recorded interview with (hour long) thought this was a bit over the top, but what the heck. Payment was £95 less than the value so no real argument. Then i had to find a replacement??
Old 19-Apr-2005, 13:13
500SD

part 2

wanted to find something thru the club as that is where i got the first 748 - was seduced by Gordy's 888SP5 lookalike and a testride was arranged for a cold late feb, but sunny. This was a great bike, but i would not be able to use it on a "regular" basis and the lack of turning lock did give me the shakes. Then my business partner(rides a RSV Mille) reminded me that you get a 100% VAT back on new bikes so buying a bike for £6995 was actually £5770, off i went and tried a new 749 and a multistrada - '04 models to be had at £6995 or less. This just confused me - the 749 was sweet, but the MS ideal for the riding i do most of the time.
Much soul-searching and i decided that i wanted another 748 - had always thought about LeeB'S 748R which was for sale ages ago - rang him and arranged to meet and we went riding together me on his 748R and him on his other bike 998R - lucky fella and a really nice guy.
of the 748 breed a good R is unbeatable and his felt like a good one - but in the back of my mind i was still getting something wich required more maintenance and was more focussed than the ordinairy 748 - i found a low mileage late '02 model 748E test rode and bought for cash last weekend, it is a year newer than what it replaces(smooth fairing style) but otherwise the same - now just to add some miles / smiles and time riding to build up those little anecdotes that makes a bike "your bike" The moral of the story - don't let the shits out there get to you, gotta get on with life. Thanks to all support when i had the bike stolen, thanks to Gordy and LeeB both great club members and look forward to seeing y'all soon - ciao4now
Old 19-Apr-2005, 13:17
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Well, I'm glad you're sorted out and back on the road.

Maybe see you out and about.
Old 19-Apr-2005, 13:30
Dibble

mate, excellent news .. now get one of these anchors sorted ....

http://www.rhinodevelopments.co.uk/
Old 19-Apr-2005, 13:36
500SD

already have - looking at getting a "bikesafe" type thing - pricey but less worry/ grey hair for me. By the way - all you 748R owners....lucky b.....s!
Old 19-Apr-2005, 13:48
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
good little read that.
hope you have a good summer on ya new bike