Ducati Sporting Club
Home Calendar Gallery Membership Online Shop DSC Blogs Extras
Go Back   Ducati Sporting Club > DesmoDue Race Series > DesmoDue Parts For Sale & Wanted
Reload this Page Wanted Please
Forum Home Register FAQ Search Forum Recent Posts Mark Forums Read

DesmoDue Parts For Sale & Wanted This section is for all your DesmoDue race parts, accessories and the like.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29-Nov-2012, 09:51 PM
Ghost's Avatar
DSC Member Ghost Ghost is offline
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620
 
Posts: 1,830
Join Date: Mar 2008
Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Wanted Please

Not often I ask for anything. But I've had a fully stripped 583 engine in a box for a couple of years and decided it needs to go together.

Few bits missing, but what I need most is the alternator rotor
If anyone has one to sell please PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30-Nov-2012, 02:31 AM
skidlids's Avatar
DSC Region Organiser skidlids skidlids is offline
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 18,150
Join Date: Apr 2002
Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I got your Text Phil but I don't think I have any in my spares, I think the similar ones I have are early 748 single phase ones which I think are a bit thicker
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30-Nov-2012, 01:16 PM
dunlop0_1's Avatar
dunlop0_1 dunlop0_1 is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,564
Join Date: May 2009
Is it the magnety bit you want Phil? I have one, as Kev said they vary in size. This is 108.9mm ID (3 phase).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30-Nov-2012, 04:00 PM
Ghost's Avatar
DSC Member Ghost Ghost is offline
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620
 
Posts: 1,830
Join Date: Mar 2008
Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Is it the magnety bit you want Phil? I have one, as Kev said they vary in size. This is 108.9mm ID (3 phase).

109mm ID surely OD

Its a 583 motor so a single phase jobbie 2 yellow wires. I'm up at Jan's this weekend so when I get back I'll measure inside of the windings and the depth that's available on the crankshaft end.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30-Nov-2012, 05:40 PM
dunlop0_1's Avatar
dunlop0_1 dunlop0_1 is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,564
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
109mm ID surely OD

Its a 583 motor so a single phase jobbie 2 yellow wires. I'm up at Jan's this weekend so when I get back I'll measure inside of the windings and the depth that's available on the crankshaft end.

Due to the current cold weather the coefficient of linier expansion affects the molecular structure of the caliper in such a way it manifests as a negative thus causing it to under read.

and I thought you where an engineer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-Nov-2012, 06:28 PM
skidlids's Avatar
DSC Region Organiser skidlids skidlids is offline
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 18,150
Join Date: Apr 2002
Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Maybe it was the expansion/contraction properties of the Rotor that were subject to change from the cold weather casuing it to shring from 109mm to 108.9mm

or if they were digital calipers the battery volts were possibly pulled down in the cold casuing the reference voltage to drift and an error to occur

but whats 0.1mm between friends
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-Nov-2012, 06:32 PM
Ghost's Avatar
DSC Member Ghost Ghost is offline
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620
 
Posts: 1,830
Join Date: Mar 2008
Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Due to the current cold weather the coefficient of linier expansion affects the molecular structure of the caliper in such a way it manifests as a negative thus causing it to under read.

and I thought you where an engineer.

I reckon you are using a Chorley calibrated G cramp. I thought I was an engineer as well, but just found that I'm actually gay.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30-Nov-2012, 06:33 PM
Ghost's Avatar
DSC Member Ghost Ghost is offline
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620
 
Posts: 1,830
Join Date: Mar 2008
Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Maybe it was the expansion/contraction properties of the Rotor that were subject to change from the cold weather casuing it to shring from 109mm to 108.9mm

or if they were digital calipers the battery volts were possibly pulled down in the cold casuing the reference voltage to drift and an error to occur

but whats 0.1mm between friends

You know the old adage Kev, size matters.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30-Nov-2012, 06:48 PM
skidlids's Avatar
DSC Region Organiser skidlids skidlids is offline
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 18,150
Join Date: Apr 2002
Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
yep I know i need bigger wotsits to run nearer the front, then again I hear dodgy eyesight helps as the gap may look bigger than it actually is even if its only 0.1 of a millimeter
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30-Nov-2012, 07:16 PM
dunlop0_1's Avatar
dunlop0_1 dunlop0_1 is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,564
Join Date: May 2009
Reply With Quote
Reply
  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Recent Posts - Contact Us - DSC Home - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin 3.5.4 - Copyright © 2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. - © Ducati Sporting Club - All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:36 PM.