Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-May-2005, 11:53
GTL
Bikes: ST4s ABS

Tank Shield

I'm thinking of buying a tank shield to protect the rear of the tank on my recently aquired ST4s. ART do one for the ST2 which I presume should fit an ST4. I had an ART one on the SS and although it fitted fine the finish, I thought, could have been better. Anyone know of any others they can recommend?
Old 02-May-2005, 16:24
Mille
Bikes: Ducati ST2

Mood: Fruity
By tank shield, do you mean protector? ie. a piece of plastic at the seat end?

I have a black ST2 and I fitted a black motrax one the day I got it. I forgot it was there until I thought about it, thats how well it blends it. It molds to the curves of the tank exceptionally well and is not coming away even tho its had 2 years of all weather riding.

However, if you mean those big leather tank body sock things, I've not seen any but the ST2 and ST4 have the same tank.

[Edited on 2-5-2005 by moozaad]
Old 02-May-2005, 16:49
GTL
Bikes: ST4s ABS

Quote:
Originally posted by moozaad
By tank shield, do you mean protector? ie. a piece of plastic at the seat end?

I have a black ST2 and I fitted a black motrax one the day I got it. I forgot it was there until I thought about it, thats how well it blends it. It molds to the curves of the tank exceptionally well and is not coming away even tho its had 2 years of all weather riding.
[Edited on 2-5-2005 by moozaad]
Yes, but it's carbon fibre and moulded to cover the whole rear of the tank between the seat and the fuel filler and to the edge of the knee cut outs at each side. Motrax don't seem to list one though, only for the 748/9xx series. They did one for the SS but it's been discontinued

[Edited on 2-5-2005 by Derek]
Old 02-May-2005, 22:01
Mille
Bikes: Ducati ST2

Mood: Fruity
actually I lie. Oxford plain black one.
http://lockitt.safeshopper.com/30/104.htm

It's vinyl with rubber. VERY tough. I have the spare bits on the mirrors as my back gate is a bit of squeeze. 2 years of brick wall and gate posts and they're still on and not worn thru'. Obviously the pad itself is only good against trouser and top zip scratches
Old 02-May-2005, 22:03
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I've had two Motrax ones which delaminated after 6 months apiece. Got an ART carbon fibre one for £20 at last years BMF show and it's been great ever since.

No worries about finish. It's not the same quality as the DP stuff on the rest of the bike, but for £20 I'm not worried.