Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 04-May-2005, 18:26
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Watch Your Back (They are out to get you)

Check out this link http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...596323,00.html To see what we are up against in our fight to continue motorcycling. It makes joining a riders rights group well worthwhile
Old 04-May-2005, 18:28
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Saw this earlier, makes you think just how short sighted some people are, I know lets just ban bikes rather than address the issue, oh by the way I'm a non biker...

Nobber!
Old 04-May-2005, 18:32
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
If you click on the blue link under the letter you can email the ****, just doing it now.
Old 04-May-2005, 18:37
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Unbelievable....What's the bet he's a smoker??

Complete moron.
Old 04-May-2005, 18:37
Big Twin

I re-wrote it a little..

Sir, I am becoming increasingly alarmed at the rising number of motorcycle deaths, caused by complete idiots using mobile phones, spilling diesel, pulling out of junctions whilst eating pies and generally using the public highway as if it were their lounge. These accidents are the fault of the other road users or even road conditions, are tragedies for a great many people. The main problem seems to me to be the lack of protection a motorcyclist has.

I wonder whether we should start looking at restricting the use of other forms of non motorcycle transport to, say, Holland, or even banning them altogether during the sociable hours of 5am to 11pm unless the driver is a regular rider of a motorcycle? I also wonder whether feckless whinging idiots should be made to carry out useful work for the community such as clearing up diesel spills, cow cr@p etc to help reduce such fatalities in compensation for being such pathetic spineless no marks.
Old 04-May-2005, 18:39
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
This is the reply I sent him

Sir Why not also ban cycles pedestrians horse riders and anyone else who dares to go near the road without the protection of a car. a motorcyclist takes the concious decision to ride a bike and considers the risks involved. he/she also dresses with appropiate protective equipment. others that take a calculated risk are skiers mountaineers potholers horse riders football & rugby players even cricket can cause injuries. Do you suggest we ban these as well?
My wife and I have been riding our motorcycles for over 40 years doing many 1000s of miles a year. Niether of us own a car so your suggestion would a) prevent us getting to work
b) Curtail our social life & c) deprive us of the basic right to travel the country that others enjoy
I do a 70 mile round trip to work each day and if I were to use a car instead of a bike I would use more fuel take up more space on the road take up more parking space and cause more pollution and wear and tear to the road.
we are unable to use public transport to commute do to the fact that I work on the railway and therefore have to travel outside the times of public transport and my wife works where no public transport is available.
There are many things in life that I do not agree with such as fox hunting bit this does not mean that I would want to ban them. the old saying live & let live would seem to apply here

I have also posted this on other bike related groups
Old 04-May-2005, 18:40
500SD

Mr S send him your reply.

I am sure a few well informed emails in to his inbox is going to make him think again.
Old 04-May-2005, 18:48
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by jobr
Mr S send him your reply.

I am sure a few well informed emails in to his inbox is going to make him think again.

Or change his email address
Old 04-May-2005, 18:51
500SD

Imagine getting home tonight, and your inbox is full of replies from bikers. Poor bloke will shite himself, oh well perhaps he will think next time.
Old 04-May-2005, 19:57
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
My reply-sent!

What a wizard idea-ban motorcycles- and while we are at it since lots of pedestrians get killed and injured lets ban them too. Then of course there are cyclist's-nasty dangerous thing cycles-ban them. Horseriding, that will have to go obviously since there are more people killed or seriously injured each year riding horses than motorcycles, In fact since the only common factor in any motor accident is the movement lets ban all motorised transport-a good spin off of this would be that people would have to walk more which will improve their health. When the journey is too long for walking they can use public transport-oh but hang on-that'll be motorised again won't it, and it moves so using the above logic we had better ban that too, and trains since when they crash they kill lots of people at the same time which is very distressing. Aircraft are obviously out since they fall out of the sky occasionally, and since we have banned all other transport no-one would be able to get to the airport anyway.
So following this logic we come to the utopian society before the wheel was invented-is that REALLY where you want to go.
As you will have guessed from reading this-that is if you have bothered to get this far-I ride motorcycles, have done for 40 years in fact, I also drive about 40,000 miles a year in a car on business. The thing that will most improve the situation for motorcyclist's in this country is better training-for car drivers! I have been knocked of a motorcycle 3 times, twice involving trips to hospital and broken bones, and in each case the same refrain was heard "Sorry mate I DIDN'T SEE YOU!" If car/van/bus/lorry drivers would bother to LOOK then they might see motorcyclist's and stop knocking them off.

In fact having had a good think about all this it seems to me that there are massively more people killed or seriously injured each year in cars, and most motorcycle collisions involve cars as well-I'm sure you can see where this is heading, but I will continue-if we just ban cars we will reduce the carnage on the roads at a stroke, save loads of lives, and make the car drivers healthier as well since they will now have to do a small amount of WALKING.

I agree-he will shite himself, especially if he thinks a load of hairy arsed bikers are going to come calling..

Might be worth sending a few replies to the Times as well?

John

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit