Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 05-May-2005, 16:00
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
new Desmo Due prize up for grabs.

after the first round of the desmo due series and all the issues that went on: people helping others out, some not able to race due to crashes, people reversing engine work etc, the club spirit really showed through so my wife and i (through our croatiasun company) decided to put up an aditional prize for the series.

the prize will be a weeks accommodation for up to 4 people at one of our apartments in croatia: "apartment cetina" (not including flights, transfers etc) this is worth up to £250 to be taken anytime during 2006 subject to availability.

this award is for one of the desmodue riders, voted for by the riders themselves, anyone who has entered even one race is eligible to vote/be voted for.

votes will need to given to myself or my wife prior to us leaving the paddock at the last meeting of the year with the voters name, nominee and short reason why, on the voting form. the result and prize will be presented at the end of year dinner and dance.

it will be known as the "croatiasun desmodue sportsman of the year award"

this can be awarded for any reason at all: maybe someone devoting lots of time to helping others get back on track, maybe to someone who stuck with the racing even though they were always at the back, someone who's unlucky with bike failures, or just simply to someone for the superb riding performances. you decide.
Old 05-May-2005, 16:04
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Very decent of you and your wife, again the club spirit shines through
Old 05-May-2005, 16:05
Dibble

superb mate ........ any croatian girls included in the prize ???

just asking .....
Old 05-May-2005, 16:08
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Nice one Dickie - very kind of you!
Old 05-May-2005, 16:09
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
And Emma!!
Old 05-May-2005, 16:29
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
after the first round of the desmo due series and all the issues that went on: people helping others out, some not able to race due to crashes, people reversing engine work etc, the club spirit really showed through so my wife and i (through our croatiasun company) decided to put up an aditional prize for the series.

the prize will be a weeks accommodation for up to 4 people at one of our apartments in croatia: "apartment cetina" (not including flights, transfers etc) this is worth up to £250 to be taken anytime during 2006 subject to availability.

this award is for one of the desmodue riders, voted for by the riders themselves, anyone who has entered even one race is eligible to vote/be voted for.

votes will need to given to myself or my wife prior to us leaving the paddock at the last meeting of the year with the voters name, nominee and short reason why, on the voting form. the result and prize will be presented at the end of year dinner and dance.

it will be known as the "croatiasun desmodue sportsman of the year award"

this can be awarded for any reason at all: maybe someone devoting lots of time to helping others get back on track, maybe to someone who stuck with the racing even though they were always at the back, someone who's unlucky with bike failures, or just simply to someone for the superb riding performances. you decide.

That is a great prise and will go to a well deserved winner.
I wish you and your good lady all the best for the rest of the season.

O and you could send Geoff Spencer off now to nick a few points.
Old 05-May-2005, 16:32
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
great idea dickie and a generous offer

Phil
Old 05-May-2005, 16:42
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
well done Dickie - I've always like you.
Old 05-May-2005, 17:49
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
'one of our apartments' ??

Like your style mate..!

Very generous prize Dickie..nice one..puts the prizes I donated in the shade a bit though...

Still very jealous about the apartment bit though mate..thats what all my ducati parts pocket money is hopefully going towards..missus has been nagging me to look at a holiday home so ive got some saving to do over the next few years...!! (she did suggest selling one of my bikes but a few digs soon sorted that out !!)

Looking forward to cheering you nutcases on in Combe..!

Incidentally - if anyones thinking of hotels (your hardened racers now - what am I thinking of ??!), you better be quick as I tried getting one for the evening in the area and there all bleedin booked up !!

Cheers
Nat

Cheers
Nat
Old 05-May-2005, 17:59
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Well done Dickie and Emma, superb idea.

John